“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Smyrna
Quitman, Mississippi
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

This hotel was a good bargain! The rooms were clean and the location was good. There is an indoor pool that is small, but was fine for our stay. Continental breakfast is filling. The hotel staff was courteous, too.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Small pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend trip to the Atlanta area. This hotel offers nothing fancy, but the rooms were clean, hotel staff was nice, and the location was pretty good. It's a safe place to lay your head, get up, and be on your way. If you are picky or expect star quality accommodations, this hotel is not for you.

• Liked — High speed internet connection
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kildare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

If this is the best hotel in Smyrna then the standard must be very low. The elevator was filthy and the rooms were less than average. Were booked for two nights but only stayed for one. Air conditioning unit was very noisy and you cannot regulate the temperature. My advicee - stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

Geat place to stay! Very clean,the best FREE breakfast at any hotel we have stayed at! Staff very friendly and helpfull, plenty of place to eat in the area.Will recommend to any one.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — no local newspaper vending machine outside
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warner Robins, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

My husband, teenage son and I stayed here during New Year's.

First of all this hotel is no way near the Galleria, which is off Cobb Pkway and I285. It's located off South Cobb Parkway which is 2 exits down I285 south.

We got there early at noon time and was told to return at check in at 3pm because they were booked so we were okay with that and left and did some sightseeing. When we got back at 3pm we were told we would have to wait a while longer since our room wasn't ready. We sat in the lobby for at least 20 - 30 minutes waiting for our room. In the lobby with us were 2 little boys and an elderly lady also watching TV. The 2 boys were rather active and imagine our surprise when we figured out that these toddlers were the sons of the desk clerk and they had been in the lobby when we first got there at noon time. Having an employee bring her children to work and evidently staying during her whole shift, especially rambuctious toddlers, does not make a good impression of the hotel with the hotel guests. I must mentioned she also brought them the very next day because they were also in the breakfast room the very next morning. She should've had them in a back room where they couldn't inconvenience or bother the guests. Sorry but I don't believe in bringing kids to a workplace unless you work in a day care or it's one of those "kids at the workplace" days.

If you must stay here, request a room on the top level because if you have a lower level room you will definitely hear the footsteps of the guests above you. We had a room on the 2nd floor and the people upstairs must've had a small child that ran back and forth above us. By 11:30pm I had to call the front desk and ask them to have the people upstairs quiet down because I couldn't sleep. Also, the guests right next door to came in at 3am and the noises they made woke me up so even if you may get a top level room, you'll have to brace yourself for the noises your neighbors make because their rooms are definitely not sound proof.

We had a 2 queen size bed suite which came with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, iron, ironing board and hair dryer, couch and desk. The room was clean but the air conditioner had a mildewy nasty smell to it when we turned it on. The bed was creaky and bumpy. I could never get my laptop wireless to connect and ended up having to use the ethernet connection.

The hotel is located near several fast food joints (Arbys, Wendys, Checkers) and restaurants within walking distance.

Also, if your room happens to have a safe in it and you don't use it, be sure to mention that when you check out because they will tack on a $1.06 safe fee on to your bill and hope you don't review your bill. We checked out and when I got to our car I got the bill from my husband and took a look at it and there was that charge. I had seen the safe in the room and the instructions were to contact the front desk for a key or key code but we didn't need it, so I ignored it. It irritated me that they added that safe charge without even asking if we used it. I marched back in there and had her take the charge off our bill and she ended up having to reverse and redo the charges (without the fee).

I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

After a horrible stay in college park area, I found this hotel. My husband and I were traveling with our dog. They did not treat us like second class citizens, unlike other hotels. The room looked new, pleasant and clean. The bathroom was also nice. The staff were friendly and courteous. One clerk printed directions off the internet for us. The continental breakfast was pretty basic though, the coffee was bad and the bagels were stale, but the biscuits and gravy were good.

• Stayed January 2006
tucker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2005

Amazing service, family oriented attitude, felt like I was at the Ritz!!! Great pool and INDOOR so you can't beat that. After I left a good comment card, lady in the front called me and said thank you for staying there and that new ownership/managment recently took over the hotel and she offered me a complimentary night on any future stay just for writing the card! Will stay again, best hotel in smyrna

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria? Share your experiences!