“Not REALLY pet friendly” 2 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Smyrna
Nashville
“Not REALLY pet friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Since we have a small pet we travel with, we always make sure we stay at a pet friendly hotel. When we made the reservations they told us they accept pets under 50lbs. Our dog is only 9lbs. Whe we checked in and announced that we were going to bring in our dog that's when they told us that we had to pay a $150 non-refundable pet fee!!! We could have boarded him for $39 for 3 nights! But what we decided to do was check out of this hotel ASAP and check into the Embassy Suites around the corner where the pet fee was only $50. However, Walter and Jay who worked the front desk were very nice people and extremely friendly. We just were not open to giving Hyatt Place a $150 and none of it was refundable....no sir! Nope not really pet friendly unless your pet has $150 to folk over.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I were on a romantic weekend getaway and started out at the Doubletree Suites, which we were not happy with, so we switched hotels after the first night. We both agreed that we wish we had stayed at this Hyatt Hotel the first night as well. The staff was amazing, the lobby was beautiful, and the room was gorgeous and immaculate. This hotel was built in 1985 but was completely renovated in 2011. It has a wonderfully urban, Art Deco feel to it. We chose to dine out rather than eat at the hotel restaurant, so I can't comment on that. The beds and pillows are amazingly comfortable and the furniture and decor is beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We all noticed by now that Hyatt needs to invest some serious money to make its Hyatt Place brand competitive again. This particular property is no exception: It is pretty tired looking and in some need of renovations. In addition, my room was not properly cleaned - I found hair all over the place....pretty gross!
Sharing my comments with the front office clerk at check-out, it became obvious that nobody really cared what I had to say. The manager, who happened to be behind the desk as well, just stared at me while chewing her gum with her mouth wide open....I guess they were out of town when Hyatt conducted their latest guest complaint management training....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a great stay at this Hyatt Place. The rooms are clean and well accommodated, the staff were all professional and friendly, the wireless internet and parking are free and the breakfast was also very good and free. This hotel is one of the best values in the Cumberland Mall area. There are also numerous restaurants just up the street plus a Carabbas and a sports bar just a short walk away. Midtown is less than 15 min away. This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and the experience was consistent. I plan to stay here again on my future visits

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Standard Hyatt Place. The hotel is having some renovations completed which did not have an adverse effect on the stay. What I like best about this hotel is its location restaurants. While the Smyrna area is not Midtown a short (1.5 miles) drive to the mall yields some excellent choices, i.e. Cheesecake Factory, Maggianos. Excellent staff, excellent breakfast bar. As previous guests mentioned, WIFI is slow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for business in Feb '13. Normally I stay at another Hyatt a few miles away but it was sold out for this night. The staff was great, as always with Hyatt and I wouldn't have a problem staying here again but I wouldn't go out of my way to. The location is in an odd location facing the back side of a strip mall, but there are a couple of fast casual chains withing walking distance. I got an ADA room, so was a little bummed that the shower head wouldn't point higher than my belly button, but nothing I couldn't deal with - this may also be the reason there was no counter around the pedestal sink to put the toothbrush on, etc. The through-wall AC was a little loud and there were a few other minor details such as dog-eared menus, etc. that could be improved. If I'd paid $50 less for the room I probably wouldn't have cared about any of this stuff, but it was basically a price / value mismatch on the facility, and the staff was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Awful night sleep. Nothing to do with the bed or pillows. Yes the AC-heater cycles on and off which is always annoying vs a constant fan. The issue is that the odd rooms face the highway and the windows are poorly insulated. You hear evey car and truck go by.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!