“Great location near Cumberland Mall” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Smyrna
New York City, New York
“Great location near Cumberland Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

After spending 4 nights at the Sheraton in downtown Atlanta, I decided to spend the remaining 4 nights at the Hyatt Place near Cumberland Mall. Since I did not have a car, I took the Cobb County Transit bus number 10 (operates Monday through Saturday) from the Arts Center MARTA station in Atlanta. The bus dropped me off at the Cobb Transfer point across from Cumberland Mall. I could have asked for hotel shuttle pick up from the Cobb transfer point, but I decided to walk to the hotel instead.

Location: The hotel is only a couple of blocks from Cumberland Mall and within walking distance to various restaurants (i.e. Applebees, Carrabbas, Panda Express, etc.). The hotel does provide a shuttle service within a 5 mile radius, but I preferred walking instead.

Customer Service: Customer Service was excellent and personal. They called me by name everytime they saw me. When there was an issue regarding the water line on my floor, the manager promptly resolved the matter.

Room: The room was spacious with a separate living area (couch), fridge, sink, and work desk. The bathroom was really small. One issue is that I constantly heard the opening and closing of doors in the hallways, which caused my room door to shake.

Miscellaneous: Complimentary WIFI was offered in rooms/public spaces, and free continential breakfast was provided daily. The fitness center was basic, but they did have free headphones.

Tip: Guests will need to use their hotel key to access the hotel lobby after 11PM and before 6AM. I had left my key in the room by mistake. After coming from a New Years Eve Party, I had to ring the hotel intercom button for over 10 minutes before the hotel staff came to open the lobby door, and the person gave me another copy of the key.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my Mom, we were greeted very nicely, the staff remembered our visit from 12 months ago. Check-in kiosk was broken, which was not a problem. The room lay-out is very nice with large area for sofa, desk, kitchen, bathroom. The carpet was dirty when we arrived and stayed dirty during the full duration of our stay. The quality of the mattress was not very good. Breakfast was decent with bagels and fruit salad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to Florida. It is close to the highway, yet far enough that there is no traffic noise. There are several restaurants nearby including a Carrabbas right across the parking lot.
The room had 2 beds as well as a pull out sofa in the seperate living area. We had no issues with noise and got a good night sleep.
Breakfast in the morning was nice with the typical bagels, cereal, etc as well as breakfast sandwhiches with egg and ham. It was a nice variety and very tasty!
I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in northern Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel two times in November. You can smell the soft subtle fragrance of the Hyatt before you even enter the lobby. The employees remembered us from our first stay. The breakfast was very good, just enough and the rooms are very well designed. The room has a fridge too which helps. The area immediately around the hotel wasn't great but it is a short drive to plenty of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012
s
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and really enjoyed it. This last trip was not the same, sadly. We had driven 14 hours overnight to get to Atlanta. We were very excited to check into the hotel early. The check-in went smoothly, and the staff was very friendly! We got to our room however, and found hair on 3 of our pillows. I called downstairs to get fresh linens. They were promptly brought up along with 2 cards for $15.00 off of food or drinks because of the hassle. We were very appreciative. The linens were changed, etc. Then the toilet was stopped up, so that was another call down to the front desk. They just brought us the plunger...my husband took care of the problem with the toilet, but still..another frustration after a long travel day. The next morning we went down to get breakfast and everything was empty. Nothing in the "skillet breakfast" that they offer. The bread bins had been emptied, and there was very little cereal left on the shelf. I know that they had a big group of kids there, but if you know that your hotel is full..don't you make arrangements to have more supplies ready and prepped to accomodate those that are paying? This happened all 4 mornings that we were there. We always choose hotels that offer breakfast so that is one less meal that we have to pay for, so when there was nothing available it was again a let down. They would eventually put more food out, but of course the kids would scoop it up as fast as they put it out. The other complaint that we had was that on the next to last day that we were there our room was never cleaned. We had even walked out of room while the maid was there and told her that we were gone for the day so she could go in and clean when it was convenient for her. We came back late that night...and it was just the way we left it, sadly. I went to the front desk to tell the attendant there, and all she said was "It was a crazy day." Not sorry, etc. I asked if we could have fresh towels, washcloths, handtowels, etc. She came back later and said they only had the towels and 2 washcloths. I asked if we could have more washcloths and she said there were no more in hotel. NONE.... So, not only was our room not cleaned, but then we couldn't have the linens that we needed to use for that day. Like I said, the last stay at this hotel was fabulous. I'm just sad that this time it was one disappointment after another. Also, our room had huge red stains on the floor in several areas. Definitely needed some extra cleaning! I'm really not one that complains about a lot, but these instances were just too much to not put into writing. I really think the next stay that we have in the ATL area will be at another hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was the first hotel trip we have ever taken since becoming parents. The rooms were perfect for our trip. The rooms have a large couch which was perfect for our increased space needs. Room was huge and clean, I loved the 2nd sink/bar area and fridge. Breakfast was great in the morning. They also run a shuttle service around the area. We took the shuttle to the convention center and back. They offered to take us to a restaurant to lunch, so anything local goes!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!