“Expected more for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Smyrna

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you're seeking a hotel with very welcoming, courteous, and friendly staff, exceptional accommodations, and a "continental breakfast" that puts others to shame, well search no more!!! I'm sooooooo glad we were able to stay at Hyatt Place!! Nothing but great things to say about Hyatt Place--the pictures on the Internet are not deceiving--absolutely gorgeous--very close to everything and they provide shuttle service to/from local attractions. Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The staff was on the job all weekend long and they certainly enhance the guest experience. A bulb went out in our room and I never reported it, however it was replaced while we were out. This shows me that they are prepared to meet and exceed expectations.
The breakfast draws a big crowd, and is not your normal comp. breakfast, but features two skillet options, fruit, yogurts, oatmeal, pastries, cereal, and an assortment of juices.
The lobby is also set up for your enjoyment, and also doubles as a bar.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Great Neck, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've been attending trade shows a couple of times a year at Cobb Galleria for several years. I've stayed in many hotels in the area & candidly this is the ONLY one I'd go back to.
1. It adjoins the Cobb Center
2. Room are spacious, clean & everything one can ask of a commercial hotel.
3. Staff is friendly & welcoming.
4. It adjoins the Cobb Center, yes saying it twice, as it's important; no car needed.
5. Bar is active and food passable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I visited this hotel on valentine's day weekend. The rooms were very clean and spacious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping centers in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Happy with this sub chain, but glad to see this one again, if only for one night. Super clean, efficient. Great free breakfast with hot sandwiches. Coffee is strong. Free parking, safe environ. Outdoor pool. Courteous staff.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was extremely disappointed in the treatment I received from the sales coordinator at the Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria. I had been in heavy contact with her for over a week working out the details of an event I planned to hold at her facility, and I had told her I definitely wanted to proceed with a contract. However, while I thought I was waiting on her to write my contract, she then informed me, (on her day off via email so I couldn't reach her by phone at the Hyatt Place) that she had booked the meeting space with another group and that she was no longer able to accommodate us. I found this discourteous at best. If she had simply informed me that another group was interested, or that I was in danger of losing the facility, I would have done anything possible to get a signed contract returned to her immediately. I had told her more than once, in no uncertain terms, that we wanted to hold our event at the Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria.

Now, because of her unprofessionalism, Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria has lost any future business with me personally and with the organization I represent. I am sure the facilities and desk staff are wonderful, as described in the majority of the reviews, but the event staff is hurting this hotel's business. (Incidentally, if you read all Google reviews, you will find this is not the first complaint about the sales coordinator.) For the sake of this hotel's reputation, I recommend she either be retrained, or moved to a position to which she is more suited.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!