“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3103 Sports Avenue, Smyrna, GA 30080 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Smyrna
knoxville,tn
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

The front desk employees are so nice and friendly and went beyond their duties to make sure you are happy.i stopped by the office at different times and all the staff are so nice and helpful with your with concerns or question.I stayed here for 9 weeks. The price is very reasonable as well and the location is close to the interstate.walking distance to food and shopping.The pet fee was fair as well. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The hotel has wonderful front desk staff and located in a busy commercial area of Smyrna/Marietta/vVnings. The rooms are small but they keep it clean. They also have some long-term tenants that tend to bang their doors shut late at night or early in the morning (my next door neighbor no-less). These same tenants also have sons or boyfriends that drop by who looked like gang-bangers. I stayed here for 2-months and no one bothered me. If you can overlook the problems mentioned then you can stay here for a couple of months or longer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

The location is convenient and price is low, but I would have much rather paid more money and stayed at a clean, non-seedy "MOTEL". The room was nasty and smelled. It reminds me of the house of that dirty relative that you never stay with and prefer a hotel instead... I actually wore flip flops in the shower and my phone kept rining at 5am. Do not stay here!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

This is not the nicest motel I've ever visited. However, the staff was extremely nice and helpful. They notified me of packages I recieved in a timely manner, answered every question and request I had during my stay, and followed up on housekeeping efforts weekly. My particular room was better than you would expect for the price. The internet sucked though, it was nearly as slow as dial up!!! Also, the laundry facility was always out of stock. So I used the laundry mat across the street. All in all, the staff made the difference as far as I'm concerned.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

I was in Atlanta attending a family members wedding. I booked a room with double beds to share with my adult daughter and my toddler granddaughter. My first night there I woke up to see little red bugs crawling on my pillow and the bed. It was awful, there were bedbugs in the room I had rented. I contacted the 1-800 number and was given the night attendant. She came to my room immediately, she was polite and compassionate. She offered me another room. After hesitation I finally accepted the other room, she inspected it along with her co-worker and did we not see any bedbugs. I stayed there for the remaining two days and did not see any bugs in that room.
I will not stay at that hotel again. Management never called me to apologize for my horrible event and the daytime attendant attempted to second guess what I had saw that night.

• Liked — Location, it was near my family members.
  • Disliked — My room had bedbugs.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

We got a room here for $28/night through Priceline. We needed something in Smyrna/Marietta because my daughter was getting medical treatment in the area. It was clean and we did not feel unsafe. That said, it's clear that I don't want to stay at anything less than a 3*. I'm not hoity-toity, but I can't believe this passes as 2*s - it was an extended stay hotel, and you only got your sheets/towels changed or the room cleaned every 7 days! You could exchange your towels for clean ones before then for $5. I'm just not used to this type of lodging. The room was small but clean, and the kitchenette would have been a nice option if we stayed longer than 1 night. It does not appear to be close to anything, and was difficult to find. It is, however, near an AFB and I heard loud planes during the afternoon/evening but slept fine through the night. Also, they require a $25 deposit on a credit card for potential damages, even though our hotel stay was paid in full in advance. I don't live that way, and wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Queens, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

We stayed in it in Jan 2006. A friend had stayed in it in November 2005 and was not particularly pleased with the service, but they tried it again since they knew their way around. from that location. Well the price seemed to have been increased for 2006 to $84 per night.
The back door was left open and there were leaves in the hallway that had blown in. At one point went to the front desk and could not find anyone to provide service.

Keep in mind that with $84 per night there are no services, housekeeping services only occur after you stay for a week.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall? Share your experiences!