“A better version of a pub” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCray's West Village Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 176 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Atlanta Road
Description: Redefining the concept of the American neighborhood bar and grill McCray's Tavern brings Smyrna upscale pub grub in an exciting atmosphere. Our restaurant features 45 beers on tap, daily specials, free poker games for house cash, a private dining room, outdoor patio dining, game day menus, brunch, and more!
Pleasanton, California
“A better version of a pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The place has an Irish pub theme as a background, lots of beer, a bar, dark wooden furniture, TVs on the wall and all that stuff. But the food was amazingly good. They serve modern fancy stuff with colors, seasoning, great presentation - really nice. The service was great and because they have bar and tables separated, you can choose to have a nice diner or hang out with the crowd.

I guess there are louder places to drink a beer or too, but if you want some fine food along with your drink - this is the place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Smyrna, Georgia, United States
“Try the Nachos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went for a late dinner one night and had a great time. Its a typical bar menu but the nachos were exceptional. I could have shared that plate with my entire table!

Visited April 2012
Austin, Texas
“Glad I Found This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

While on a two-week business trip to the Atlanta area, I found myself staying in Smyrna and wanting to enjoy some NFL preseason football and fine ales. I used my "Around Me" app on my iPhone and luckily, McCray's Tavern popped up under "Bars". Although the map directions were a bit off and initially took a co-worker and me to a residence in the West Village development, I drove around a bit and found this little oasis. If you don't find a parking spot on the street adjacent to the shops and restaurants, there's a handy parking garage right behind the restaurant.

After opting for a seat at the bar, I was happy to see a wide variety of microbrewed craft ales on tap. The bartender, Dallen, was friendly and very helpful with menu items, even recommending what not to order, which is rare. Since I was staying about 3 minutes away, this became my post-work "go-to" spot and I was able to sample quite a bit of the variety of menu items. One of my regular, really good server/bartenders, Tony, suggested a special seared Ahi Tuna dish one night and it was delicious. Subsequent visits included the Calamari, Gumbo, Cobb Salad, and Grilled Salmon. All were very tasty and quite filling. The only negative aspect was the last night in town when we drew a very surly, unfriendly girl as a server, but it appeared that her other tables weren't pleased with her, either. Luckily, she was the only server I encountered that lacked knowledge regarding beer styles and menu specials. That being "Said-a", everyone else we encountered was full of southern charm and hospitality...

The bar area was usually very lively, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights, with plenty of TVs for sports viewing. There's also a back bar with a dining area that's much quieter on those loud, busy, full weekend nights. If my travels take me back to Smyrna, I'll be "headquartering" out of McCray's again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
atlanta
“Great place to chill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Fun pub to sit outside and chill with a beer (when the weather is cool enough that is), love their reuben sandwich, soups, and burgers. Nice atmosphere in a protected spot surrounded by condo's. It's a little loud inside if you want to talk so try outside.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Cool Smyrna Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My wife and I frequent McCray's and enjoy the menu which has a variety of items to suit any taste and a very solid selection of beers.

Apps have all been very good. The steaks were just ok and would suggest passing on these, but everything else is very good. I recently had the pork chops with the mac and cheese and it was really excellent.

Service is pretty good. We have a young baby and we sit in a booth and go early evening... going a little later and the bar noise gets louds and energetic, but it depends what you're looking for.

• Visited December 2011