“Avg South Indian vegetarian ” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 174 restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
“Avg South Indian vegetarian ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a average South Indian style vegetarian restaurant.
8 years back when I was in Atlanta I used to regular visitor of udipi at Decatur and had good memories and expected same results from this place .
We went at noon , they offer lunch buffet but decided to go with menu card.

Medu

58% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“I'm upset I wasted my time here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was mediocre. Even the dosa and chaat which they are known for was not all that good. Dahi puri and pani puri are just terrible. Bhel puri was dry but edible. Mysore dosa was good. Saada dosa was not good. Worst of all they missed an item and messed up the bill and took forever to bring everything and take our order. To top it all off, the glasses on the table had clearly not been WASHED. Had crud on them from whoever drank before us. Really gross place.

Carrollton, Georgia
“Finally, a decent Indian restaurant in the area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The buffet for lunch was quite nice. My wife and I are vegetarian and cook quite a bit of Indian food. We also frequent numerous Indian restaurants. The Udipi Cafe buffet offers a good variety of nicely spiced, fresh dishes, though they could have been spiced hotter. I have not ordered off their menu and will likely find their buffet fine for me when I return.

Visited September 2013
Smyrna, Georgia
“ASK FOR AN ITEMIZED BILL! Dishonest - Very poor customer satisfaction”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food was ok, and the time to serve was decent.. no questions there.. a default gratuity of 15% for a party of four is also acceptable.. But we should have been presented with an itemized bill showing the tip first.. Or, they should show it in the credit card receipt (merchant's copy) and provide a space for additional tip.. Instead all we got was the merchant's copy with no tip information, prompting us to tip a 15% once again (totaling the tip to a 30%). The amount shown did not match our approx calculations, and we asked for the itemized bill to find this and an over-charged item (albeit just a dollar more)...

The more troubling issue was the attitude with which we were addressed by the cashier.. A small note on the menu does not justify throwing it in the customer's face when they ask a genuine question. We were surprised that the dude did not know the pricing scheme of his own menu, when we pointed the mistaken item..

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy food, quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was wary after reading other reviews, but overall I was very pleased! We will be back (we originally went on a Scout Mob $10 off but the value is great even without it). The appetizers were the best part of dinner (samosas and something else the waiter suggested). Our main course was fun to try - we did one of the larger dinners with multiple smaller cups around a bed of rice, and then the mushroom curry. Tasty, but we would try other main dishes next time. I had two mango lassies (can't get enough) and we also tried the spiced Indian tea, which was flavorful and fragrant, and very good after we added the offered sugar (though I would have preferred it after dinner as the waiter suggested rather than with the meal as we ordered). We are not vegetarian and I was a little worried that my husband would be disappointed but the fare was so filling we were still stuffed hours later.

• Visited February 2013