“Great local BBQ joint” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great local BBQ joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have been several times - you can dine in, take out or go through their drive thru. Very good value and although not "the best" Atlanta has to offer, it's very good! Friendly staff and have always had great service when dining in.

Visited November 2012

Chesterfield, MI
“Bar-B-Q is such a personal thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended by the staff at the Courtyard - Cumberland (see my review of the hotel). It did not disappoint! South of the Mason-Dixon line saying someone's bar-b-q isn't good could probably get you a whuppin' But you don't have to worry at Jim 'n' Nicks even the pickiest bar-b-q eater will be happy.

The waiter was friendly and accomodating. They have a good variety of sauces. The meat was so tender you could cut it with a fork. I had a combo with brisket, pulled pork, and chicken and it was superb. The collard greens are truly awesome. If you are going to this restaurant, prepare to overeat....(fair warning)....While you are there be sure to try a local brew.

When we went the parking lot was packed, but we didn't even have to wait for a table. Definitely stop by if you are in the neighborhood.

Visited March 2013
Norcross, Georgia
“Last min meeting with a friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Friday night my friend and i was thinking about dinner. I had never eaten at here and was skeptical because i am not a meat eater. But I ordered the catfish at the suggestion of my friend and it was amazing melt in your mouth and the sides were just as good. I had the sweet potato casserole and bake beans. The portion sides was more than enough. The drinks are just as good. I would go back. Actually, thinking about including this in the list of places my husband and I do our weekly date night.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, South Carolina
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my first time visiting Jim N Nick's. They were not very busy during my visit but for some reason the service was a little slow. It did take some time to get our drink order but the waitress was super nice. The food was really good. My only issue was when you are ordering make sure you state if you are getting a small plate or large. When we got our bill, they charged us for the large plate of brisket instead of the small but I blame that on the person ordering but also the waitress should have double checked. But all in all, nice atmosphere and good food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna, Georgia
“Not the best B-b-que in Atlanta area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I love B-b-que pork ribs and the ones here are too smoked. Basically they taste like ham on a bone. The first trip we ordered potato salad and it was the best thing we ate. The second time we ordered it somebody went crazy with cayenne pepper and it was inedible. Won't be back. Prefer the Heirloom B-b-que. Not Memphis but the best I have had in Atlanta so far. The sides are just as good as the main entrees.

Visited August 2012