“Lovely garden setting.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Lovely garden setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The service was slow but the food was great. However my coffee arrived with a dirty spoon.Can have large groups in for lunch which could be a problem if you are in a hurry.

Visited December 2012

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“great food, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friends and I have been to the Brigham several times for lunch and have never been disappointed! The staff are super friendly and the service is attentive. The hosts, Joe and Raewyn are welcoming and make you feel right at home.
Every time we have been we have been shocked at the final bill - so small! We usually order mains and dessert plus drinks/tea and coffee and have always had great value for money.
The absolute best part of the Brigham is the food though - we've taken care to order a different menu item each time and have yet to be let down. I can highly recommend the Mushroom Risotto, the Pork Belly is divine and if you ever have the chance to order the Apple Trio from the dessert menu, don't pass it up - it's amazing!
The only thing to be aware of is that the restaurant also doubles as a wedding/events venue, so sometimes there have been large parties in attendance - this isn't really a issue, but it can be a little noisy and can make the service a little slow. Apart from that, the Brigham is excellent and to be highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“90th Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Recently celebrated a 90th Birthday at The Brigham, Brigham Creek Road Whenuapai. We were so pleased that we chose this Restaurant for our celebration. It was a busy Saturday Afternoon, and we were quite a large group with a diverse age group. The setting was lovely and the food was beautifully cooked and presented. The Staff were efficient and went out of their way to ensure the Kids were happy. offering colouring in and toys to keep them occupied. Their attention to the older people in the group was attentive and very kind. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting, good food,good staff, wonderful Hosts, and a beautiful setting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A birthday lunch for 15.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was a 60th birthday lunch for a friend of mine-15 guests in all. We brought a cake which was handed over to the restaurant for later on. Our table was set out on the terrace area at the rear of the restaurant.There was complimentary water and we ordered drinks and lunch was ordered from the a la carte menu.

Food was brought out and it was presented nicely. As people were finishing their meals the empty plates were being taken away, but I hadn't quite finished eating and to my surprise the restaurant owner stood beside me at the table waiting for me to finish to take my plate away!!!! After main meals, we were asked whether we would like the cake as dessert-which was organised. The cake was cut and brought out on saucers and we were offered tea or coffee. We had no sooner finished than the saucers/cups were scooped up and taken away - most of the people at the table got the impression that we were being given the hurry up; we could see the main room was set up for a wedding party. Eventually my partner got up to sort the bill out at the counter with our host, and he had no sooner got up out of his seat than it was whisked away and put at another table-couldn't believe it - when he came back to sit down there was nothing for him to sit on; the waitress came along to take the empty glasses from the table and I had poured myself a water and the full glass was picked up off the table and gone - I obviously wasn't going to have that to drink was I?
We eventually left with mumblings amongst ourselves that obviously at this time of year Saturdays are a busy time with weddings etc. - I can only say that it is very unfortunate that these things took place as it certainly made me, as a guest at this eating establishment, feel quite uncomfortable.
I can only say that if Brighams are going to book weddings, then they shouldn't take bookings for lunches etc. prior to that booking and then rush everyone and make them feel that they have to leave before they are ready.
The waiting staff were pleasant, the grounds were lovely to stroll through and the food was comparible to many other places I have been, but unfortunately I will not go back there, or recommend it, purely because of the fact that we were virtually "moved on" so that the restaurant was cleared for the impending wedding.
Don't know if this is normal behaviour here but it certainly put a damper on the afternoon for me.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hermanus, South Africa
“Garden setting, laid back lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Brigham offers a great lunch venue , far from the madding crowd. I had a delicious mushroom risotto, my companion had the seafood trio, both dishes were tasty and well presented. We offered complimentary water on arrival and service was both efficient and friendly. Clientele was mostly groups of friends.

• Visited February 2013