When my family drove up the hotel to check in we were blown away with the grounds and landscaping. The staff greeted us with very warm smiles. After we checked in we followed the man in the golfcart to our ocean front beach suite. As soon as we opened the door to this huge suite (313 & 315) we definitely knew it was worth the money! In both room it overllooked the beach club and pool. In the previous review, the roof on the beach club was not an eyesore. All you can see is the beautiful Atlantic ocean. We arrived on a Sunday. They have live music on Sundays at the beach pool right below us. We thought, "oh no the music will be too loud in our rooms". That was not the case at all. We could not hear anything! When you walked out onto the balconies you could hear a little but inside nothing. Very nice:) We stayed there 10 days. We ate at every restraunt and of course went to BINGO NIGHT. But, we did go off premise to local restraunts. I recommend this if you are staying longer than 5 days. It gets too expensive to eat on property. There are about 4 or 5 restraunts you need to check out on St. Simons Island. The whole family had spa treatments. We had not seen the "new spa" since all the renovations. OH MY GOSH!!!! WOW!!! It was like stepping into "zen world". All the ladies at the "check in" desk were amazing. All the staff always had a genuine smile on their face. Our 10 year old son had the "kids 101" massage and facial. I think it's great they thought of the children and not just the adults for spa treatments. The kids are important too. The "work-out" room was amazing too. Lots of helpful trainers to help you FREE. I went to play tennis with on e of the coaches (Dickey) . He was amazing. He taught me things I never really thought about until he brought it to my attention. After 2 days with him my game approved 110%. There's so many activities everyone in your family can do. We had several family members with us and everyone did "their own thing". That was nice. Overall I would recommend this resort to singles and families. We can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort that offers golf lessons plus a variety of other activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, sailing and swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Cloister at Sea Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel Sea Island
- Cloister Resort Sea Island
- Cloister Sea Island
- The Cloister At Sea Island Georgia