This was our second time here. Spent 3 days on our travels down south.
The Good: The Ocean view suite at the beach club was stunning! Spacious and beautifully appointed with a gas fireplace and magnificent view. 2 bathrooms and small but efficient kitchen.
Truly, this is where The Cloisters excel! Great Fitness Center and stunning spa. The property and amenities are all top drawer and very well taken care of.
The Bad: In my opinion the food is just not up to the heights the rest of the resort is. Found this on our first visit and the situation has not been improved. Disappointing! In a property as wonderful as The Cloisters, the food should be a lot more than glorified country club fare.
It is a major missing link. The other issue , though small in comparison, is the $20 charge to use the fitness facility. Really, at $600 a night for our room, this charge seems petty and unnecessary.
Have stayed at many high end resorts, ie. Four Seasons, Peninsula etc. and none of them charge to use the Fitness Centers.
Again, this is where I feel The Cloisters is a Country Club first that welcomes outsiders in but nickels and dimes them for the privilege while reminding them during breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Also Known As:
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel Sea Island
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel
- Cloister Resort Sea Island
- The Cloister
- Cloister Sea Island
- Cloister Hotel
- The Cloister At Sea Island Georgia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort that offers golf lessons plus a variety of other activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, sailing and swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Cloister at Sea Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.