My wife and I spent two days her in early January. Our reception was very cordial, and not the least bid stuffy. We had drinks and dinner at the Lodge. We sat in front of the fireplace in the lobby while we waited for our table. The atmosphere of the Lodge is heavy dark paneling, beautiful artwork and just an overall inviting surroundings. The menu was varied, but not too elaborate or fussy. The quality and appearance of the appitizers and dinner was five star. Along with it, the service was superlative. Prices were high, but very much in keeping with quality and quantity of what was served. The also had an excellent wine list.
The hotel rooms were architecturally beautiful, spacious, well appointed, and extremely clean. We had a balcony overlooking the lagoon, which was very picturesque. We dined in the River Room and had the best Red Fish that I have had in ages. The preparation, quality and service of the restaurant we also superlative.
We did not use the Spa, nor the Fitness Center, however we did play golf on the Seaside Course which was very enjoyable. Greens were fast, fairways in nice shape, but stay out of the rough as it is Bermuda grass and it is a challenge.
Overall, the hotel was five star. Hotel architecture, ambiance, quality of food and service is the best we have ever experienced. We cannot priaise this establishment enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort that offers golf lessons plus a variety of other activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, sailing and swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your The Cloister at Sea Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel Sea Island
- Cloister Resort Sea Island
- Cloister Sea Island
- The Cloister At Sea Island Georgia