The Cloisters Resort on Sea Island is a very nice, upscale resort good for relaxing on the beach and several good golf courses nearby. Our four bedroom house from Exclusive Resorts was very well appointed, as usual, and close to the resort facilities. Of the three nearby courses, Seaside at Sea Island was by far the best and most challenging. At sunset they have a bag pipe ceremony which is worth waiting for with an after round cocktail.
We rented bikes for the week and used them to tour both Sea Island and Saint Simon. Biking on Sea Island was fun viewing all the beautiful homes in a very relaxed way. Biking on St. Simon required getting across the causeway but now that they've put in a bike trail it's pretty easy. Once on St. Simon head to Fort Frederica. It was a nice ride and the Fort was very interesting.
Golf at King and Prince was not so great. Course was only OK and club rental was a joke, 11 clubs and five different brands. I brought this up at the turn and the reaction was, "check in the cart barn"
- Also Known As:
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel Sea Island
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel
- Cloister Resort Sea Island
- The Cloister
- Cloister Sea Island
- Cloister Hotel
- The Cloister At Sea Island Georgia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort that offers golf lessons plus a variety of other activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, sailing and swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Cloister at Sea Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.