Interestingly enough, I've wanted to go to the Cloister in the mid 1980's after reading Anne Rivers Siddens's book, "Downtown". The main character was from Savannah and moved to Atlanta in the 1960's. She fell in love with the young "blue blood" whose family summered at the Cloister. Obviously, there was a twist in the ending but needless to say, I was enthralled with visiting Sea Island after falling in love with Ms. Siddens and the south. Well..it took almost 30 years but I finally made it in time to celebrate my 49th birthday. I understand the former hotel was razed in the mid 2000's but the new hotel still has the integrity of a 1920's Spanish Mediterranean hotel. Coming from California and now recently settled into South Carolina, I plan on coming back to this beautiful resort year after year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort that offers golf lessons plus a variety of other activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, sailing and swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Cloister at Sea Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel Sea Island
- Cloister Resort Sea Island
- Cloister Sea Island
- The Cloister At Sea Island Georgia