This was our first trip to North Georgia's wine country. We found a Living Social special for the Sylvan Valley Lodge and decided to make this our "Fall" trip.
We weren't sure what to expect with the lodge, but were pleasantly surprised at our stay there. The downstairs of the lodge is very tastefully done, I could have stayed down there the entire time and been very happy :) Cork (?) flooring, a stone fireplace, real table linens and a gorgeous view of the mountains in the distance really "made" the atmosphere. The wine tasting bar was very nice too, with many area wines on the walls to choose from for our wine tasting and to purchase.
Upstairs are, I believe, 10 guest rooms. Our room was large with a 4 poster king bed, which was very comfortable. In the closet was a small refrigerator that actually had a working separate freezer (nice touch! We could keep our ice packs frozen!). Beautiful wooden furniture really warmed up the room nicely. There was also a love seat to relax on. The only things I think could make this room even more perfect was a little more lighting (we had to turn on the closet light, the desk light, the bedside lamp and the overhead light to be able to see into our suitcases). To some, this might be very ambient but to us it was a little tough. The t.v. screen was a bit small to see from the bed, but again...maybe our eyes are just old :)
The bathroom really could use some updating. It was absolutely spotless (even we could see that, ha) but the fixtures were old and didn't seem to fit the atmosphere of the lodge. Some tiles were cracked, and the side of the sink's cabinet was very worn and in need of some refinishing. But again, it was so clean, it was hard to really find fault with the outdated fixtures.
Upstairs was also a very large family room with seating, shelves with books and games and a guest computer. A wall of windows faced the mountains and a door led to a large balcony with quite a few tables and chairs. Perfect for enjoying a purchased glass of wine from downstairs. In spite of the fact that our room was right at the top of the stairs, there was no noise coming from outside our door. Very quiet and peaceful.
Downstairs, there was also a patio area facing the mountains where you could enjoy your wine and cheese/crackers plate. A small man made waterfall also added to the ambiance.
Our breakfast was good, both mornings we had a choice of 3 hot breakfasts (eggs with bacon or sausage and english muffin or sourbread toast, pancakes with breakfast meat or a breakfast sandwich). The sun rose into that room, so the mornings were cheerful and bright.
We loved how we felt like we were almost in the middle of wine country. Only 3 miles from Helen, and within 5-7 minutes of driving to restaurants made it feel really convenient but still secluded.
- Also Known As:
- Sylvan Valley Hotel
- Sylvan Valley Hotel Sautee Nacoochee
- Country Inn Sautee Nacoochee
- Sautee Nacoochee Country Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Approaching Sylvan Valley Lodge, you feel it. A sense of calm. An aura of comfort and welcome. Here, in gorgeous North Georgia Wine Country, colors seem richer, the air is fresher, and everything just tastes better. Savor an incredible glass of local wine by the cozy wine bar fireplace. Explore our serene gardens, abundant with native plantings and unique water features. Sit under the peaceful gaze of Yonah Mountain and simply enjoy the view. It's the kind of place you've been dreaming about.Located only 80 miles north of Atlanta and with more than a dozen near-by wineries, Sylvan Valley Lodge offers an ideal base from which to explore the mountains of North Georgia Wine Country. The area also offers many exciting opportunities for nature lovers including hiking trails and waterfalls along with a variety of shopping, art galleries, local crafts, museums, restaurants, horseback riding, zip-lining, fly fishing, antiques, and wine tasting rooms. With so much to choose from, you'll find endless ways to make Sylvan Valley Lodge your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Fareportal , Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sylvan Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.