“Great local pub” 5 of 5 stars

(404) 843-8058
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Meehan's Sandy Springs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Sandy Springs
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta
“Great local pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

The food is great, loved the meatloaf...again. Had a few Guinness and the bartender even poured it properly. Something that is overlooked in some bars. The bartenders were alot of fun as well...actually my sides hurt from laughing! To my suprise they had a band last night, which I found out they have a few days a week. So we stayed alot later than expected. I highly reccommend eatting and drinking here. You will probably see me and my friends here too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“We loved the feel of this bar.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

This place felt like what you would think an Irish bar would feel like. Beer was a little on the high side. They had a lot of Irish beers on tap. The bartender spoke with an Irish accents and so did many of the employees.I would return again. Well worh a stop.

Nebraska
“My new favorite restaurant is 1,000 miles away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Hands down my favorite restaurant ever. The cuisine is fairly simple and straightforward, but it's done to perfection. It's traditional Irish and English pub food like shepherd's pie, fish and chips and short ribs with a huge beer selection, some wines and a few mixed drinks. There are also some desserts, and my personal favorite was the chocolate Irish bread pudding. It was the best dessert I've ever had, and it was small enough that I was sad it was gone but not so full that I felt sick from too much sugar. The shepherd's pie was also great, but the best part is the gravy. It was wonderful! I went twice in two nights, and the service each time was really good, even though they were very busy. The waitress the first night chatted with us a bit and let me sample a couple of beers to see if I liked them, and the second night our waiter asked us a bit about where we were from and why we were in Atlanta. We were there for a Manchester City soccer game, and there were a lot of other soccer fans at the pub. They do have at least two TVs with sports games on by the bar, and at the back there's a pool table. I didn't go to the back area, but I could see a little bit back there. It was a bit expensive, and if I hadn't been on vacation I probably would hesitate to go there often as a local, but then again I'm just a poor college student.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've been to Meehan's for dinner, drinks, and brunch. They get high marks from me in all areas. It's a nice...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

I've been to Meehan's for dinner, drinks, and brunch. They get high marks from me in all areas. It's a nice neighborhood bar.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fresh menu, great pub atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Fresh menu, great pub atmosphere