“Was Very Handy for US” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 85 Restaurants in Sandy Springs
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House of Sandy Springs welcomes you with old-world charm and an air of casual elegance. Ruth’s Chris of Sandy Springs features our expertly prepared USDA Prime steaks served sizzling on a 500° plate and an award-winning wine list. Deep forest greens, accents of burnished golds, rich burgundies and two-story-high windows dramatically flank the main steakhouse dining room and provide the perfect atmosphere for a romantic steak dinner, business lunch or private party. The restaurant has seven private dining rooms that offer a variety of dining options for 10 to 60 guests. Whether it’s a business dinner, a social event or a special celebration, Ruth’s Chris Sandy Springs can accommodate your needs.
Atlanta Georgia
“Was Very Handy for US”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have lived three miles from this restaurant for 25 years. For 24 of those years, we never dined here. (1) I just don't believe that a good steak restaurant should be a chain; (2) I never thought of it when going out. About six months ago, we were looking for something on the spur of the moment on a Saturday night. I remembered Ruth's Chris and thought we could get in. No problem whatsoever. Since then we have gone about four times. It was very convenient because we never had a problem getting in at the last minute.

We invariably get a porterhouse for two. We have tried the Caesar, the lobster bisque, the crispy fries, the gumbo, the mashed potatoes, and undoubtedly appetizers that I have forgotten. We have always been very satisfied with the food and the service. It was gradually becoming "our restaurant."

But this venue is closing. That is the trade-off with a restaurant that you can be a walk-in on a Saturday night. They are probably getting close to closing soon. Well their last night of operation is going to be August 17, 2014. Very unfortunate for us.

We are going to try Hal's on Old Ivy next week. We are three miles from there as well.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the review. While I'm sorry it took you 24 years to personally discover our restaurant, I'm so glad you did. It is local regulars, like you, that have made this restaurant such a special place for the past 20 years, and for that, we are eternally grateful. As you mentioned, we will be closing our doors after dinner service on Sunday night, but this isn't goodbye forever, it's just see you soon in a new location. As you may have heard, we are moving the Sandy Springs operation to a beautiful new restaurant in Alpharetta this fall - just a few exits up GA 400. And while we may not be "just around the corner" anymore, I do hope you'll consider joining us there, too.

Thanks for the lovely send off, and we look forward to welcoming you to our new restaurant soon.

Best,
Patrick Donahue, Manager

“Best Birthday Meal ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Saturday evening dh and I went to this restaurant (that we've been to several times on special occaisions) for my 50th Birthday dinner. We were taken to our table alittle earlier than our reservation time and were greeted by the nicest staff. Andrew was our waiter for the evening and he was superb! He was very polite, engaging and tended to our every need. Our meal was fabulous. I had the filet with aparagus and hollendaise (should be a food group on it's on!), and garlic mash potatoes. It was uh-mazing. Then for dessert, Andrew brought me an apple bread pudding with vanilla glaze. It was awesome. Can't go wrong with this place. Nice atmosphere, nice people, great food and imho, you can't ask for more! Check it out, you won't be sorry.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous Food, Wonderful Wait Staff, Depressing Decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

O.K, Ruth Chris.....your food is fabulous, your wait staff was and is always wonderful, but really, it is time to update your atmosphere in Sandy Springs. Actually it is past time. From the dead or dying potted trees by the valet area to the dated furnishings, the atmosphere is totally lacking. Otherwise, I love this place just for the people that welcome you and ensure that you receive a great dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent dining experience. I'm thrilled to hear your review of our food and service, and I certainly understand your criticism of our atmosphere. We are actually in the process of addressing that, and just announced that we are moving the Sandy Springs restaurant to Alpharetta this fall.

The new restaurant will be a beautiful estate-like facility, and while we hope you continue to dine with us here in Sandy Springs until we actually do move (and can temporarily overlook the décor), we look forward to showing off our new digs and giving you an all around fabulous dining experience in Alpharetta later this year.

Take care,
MEANSVILLE
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food, great service, wonderful atmoshphere. Would go back again if I lived closer. We were there for a family celebration with about 30 in the party. All ate different food, and everyone enjoyed it.

Visited August 2013
Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hearing this glowing feedback is more rewarding than you know, Bonnie! Thanks for the great recommendation. I hope you'll join us for another meal the next time you're in the area.

Take care,
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Good, but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a family celebration dinner there last night. The steaks are wonderful, but they aren't worth the price you pay. I think RC is a better place for business, as clients are supposed to be impressed that you are dropping a little money on them. Yet, for a family, there are too many better priced, equal quality options. But, if you've got a few Benjamins burning a hole in your pocket and you want a great steak, this is your place.

Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We're so glad you enjoy our sizzling steaks, and while I know we are certainly not the least expensive option, I can assure you that our quality is second to none! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and I do hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you have a special celebration or an important business dinner, so we can roll out the red carpet for you!

All the best,