“New Menu at Flavor” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flavor Cafe Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 81 restaurants in Sandy Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sandy Springs
“New Menu at Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Atmosphere is stylish with a hint of romance, good for couples or large parties (as long as you have a reservation in advance; all their dishes are delicious and huge, excellent service, free bread and olives! I usually get the chicken barg or soltani Feast kabob, but another underrated dish are their jumbo shrimps! They are huge and oh so good!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from a horrible experience at Flavor. This was one of our favorites and we would eat there regularly. We are never going back. It took 45 minutes to get our order of French toast and a order of scrambled eggs (which were not even warm when they were served. When I asked to speak to the owner / manager I was told he was too busy to see us. I assume he was trying to please a large party that arrived 30 minutes after we did.

Atlanta, GA
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I, with friends have eaten five or six times at the "old" Flavors for Brunch and Lunch and liked it very much. This time, after Flavor's recent remodeling, with friends new to the restaurant, we went for dinner. The dinner menu now is Lebanese/Persian (Iranian), which, if I had realized this, I would have chosen a different restaurant as I am not a particular fan of this genre. There were few diners in the cafe and the wonderful pastry display case was gone. Our server, though well intended, spilled an entire glass of red wine on the four of us. Two of us were pretty well drenched from the waist down, although all four of us spent lots of time trying various methods to remove the stains from our clothes when we got home. The restaurant manager tried to help the lady whose dress was so drenched she had to remove it (in the ladies' room) by bringing soda water and cold water and attempting to rinse the dress in the ladies' room sink. (Fortunately, I had a rain coat in my car which my friend wore to go back to the table and complete her meal.) Her husband, my husband, and I finished our meals with red polka-dotted shirts and pants and socks. The meals were presented in a simple, but attractive style, but I readily admit, I am not a fan of Lebanese/Persian foods. The disturbing event, however, was that the restaurant manager who had tried to help with the wine soaked dress had insisted that the dress be left with her and she would take it to her cleaners and was sure the stains could be removed. My friend agreed to this and left the dress with her and returned in my raincoat to our booth. The manager followed and said the restaurant apologized and wished to treat us to our four meals. Well, at the conclusion of our entrees, the server presented the check which totalled $90 plus (no coffee or desserts were offered) and a plastic bag containing my friend's crumpled wet dress with no explanation of what was going on. My husband asked to see the lady manager, who had "kept" the dress to take to her cleaners. Instead the server returned with a piece of paper and asked my friend for her name and phone number. The manager did not come to the table. My friend declined and we left a gratuity and left with the bagged wet dress not looking forward to the "gruesome" jobs of trying to salvage our clothes. Our friends, who were both soaked in red wine, were kind, nonconfrontational, and handled the "disaster" of the meal in pleasant spirits, though the total value of the damaged clothing for the four of us was, certainly, significant. I loved Flavors for brunch and lunch and I loved the bakery section. Though Flavor (or Flavors???) is much more elegant in its interior, the main bakery display case is gone. I'm sure the owners are anticipating adding a "new" venue to Sandy Springs. We still have no clue as to what transpired to cause our evening to end in a mystery.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“Grand Reopening-new menu & warm ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The lunch menu is very different from their dinner menu.
For dinner the selections are Lebanese and Iranian - very tasty, lots of herbs and beautifully presented. The subtle details in the selection of cutlery, quality of tableware complete with small individual vases for fresh flowers draws the eye and adds to the experience.
We Sampled several dishes at the reopening of Flavor. The service is still working out some kinks but Excellent food - giant shrimps - better value and larger than the ones you receive at Ruth's Chris steakhouse. These are the jumbo shrimp you would expect. As an entree i tried a kabob with saffron rise - loved the presentation, kabob was already removed from the skewer. My husband had a grilled white fish which was tasty and easy to eat with no bones.
Flavor has built a solid repeat clientele. The owners often greet customers by name. I don't think it would take many visitors to become a regular customer. This is Flavor's 8th year in operation and they are still diligently & consistently improving in food and service.
The renovated interior is worth a visit just to view. The preparation area is now closed off making it much quieter and they added a wine storage area. It's the woodfire grill experience without the grill...The ambience is enjoyable and its easy to hear your tablemates talking so its warm and intimate.
The decor is teal, copper, browns, Tuscan glass light pendants are suspended over window tables. Overall the new changes are exciting, up-to-date and first class. i will return for casual or more formal dining. Try a dessert - homemade ice cream, pastries, scones - big selection.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

I paid $5 two egg and biscuit sandwiches with fruit. The biscuits were good and overall was shocked at the value, my wife got vegetable omelette with a bagel and potatoes for 6.50, again shocking. Ambience is lacking as is staff that gives a hoot, but who cares I had a great sitdown quick breakfast for $14 including drinks

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere