“Great, simple fried and southern!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Hamburgers
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great, simple fried and southern!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Fried oysters were the best!, can't wait to get back!!! I will be back and will be bringing friends. I love seafood and it was just great to be in an atmosphere where we were welcomed and encouraged to explore. The prices were reasonable and food even better!

• Visited November 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Free ice cream...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband has been looking for good scallops on this vacation so when we saw the reviews we knew this was the place. He got a very generous serving of broiled scallops which he loved! I'm not much of a seafood fan, but the fried shrimp is very good. All the sides were good as was the service! We definitely recommend this place! Oh, and free ice cream and toppings to top it off....

• Visited October 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
“Scallops to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Though Iguana's is known for their shrimp, Ann and I love our scallops. So that's what we ordered, her 's broiled, mine fried. I think we had over 15 large, tender, sweet and juicy scallops along with the usual choice of sides (I think we picked coleslaw, fries or mashed potatoes). It was a weeknight after labor day, so we kind of had the restaurant to ourselves, but service was top notch, and the food was fresh and served piping hot. The décor is kind of kitschy, but fits with the Saint Simon's Island overall feel. They offer free ice cream for dessert, but honestly, we were just too full to take them up on their offer. I did order a Margarita before and with dinner, the drink was large, but not notable, probably Margarita mix from a bottle. Ann had the requisite sweet tea, which was...well, sweet tea. We were going to go back and try the shrimp, but weather and schedule did not permit another visit. I'd certainly recommend this restaurant for scallops, and if shrimp is their specialty, I venture a try for sure. We'll be back next time for sure!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valrico, Florida
“Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a late lunch after a long bike ride, burger was mediocre and not fresh, toasted bun was burned when it was sent out and the fries were frozen. They gave me a new bun but it didn't make the food any better. It's pretty difficult to mess up a burger, even for a bar but somehow they did.

To top it off, my drink refill came with its own hair hanging off the glass. Left most of my food on the plate, paid the check and left.

I definitely do not see all the good reviews this place gets especially with all the other choices nearby.

Visited October 2013
Lexington
“Good Casual Dining-Free Ice Cream Sundaes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a great casual restaurant close to the pier with colorful murals painted on every wall. They offer seafood and burgers and steaks. The grilled scallops were the best I've ever tasted, however the crabcakes were just average. Good hushuppies but dry, tasteless coleslaw. Every meal comes with the option (free) to go to the ice cream sundae bar and create your own sundae with a good variety of toppings. A great place for families with young kids.

• Visited October 2013