“our first trip to St. Simons Island” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Orlando
“our first trip to St. Simons Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the manager, Wanda, of the Sea Gate Inn. She said the food was good, reasonable and had a free ice cream setup.
We found the place to be clean, busy but very accomodating. The shrimp my wife had was excellent. I had the fried fish with fries which was good but not great. For dessert we had all the ice cream we wanted, no charge.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great food, great people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I are Georgia natives, both raised on the coast and grew up eating great seafood. So, we are picky about seafood restaurants and usually leave disappointed. This was not the case at Igunas. We loved everything! (we ordered the fish and shrimp) The homemade dressing and remoulade sauce was so yummy!

My fiancé convinced me to sit at the bar, and I'm glad we did! The bartender's sense of humor was awesome. Don't miss this place if you are on SSI.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best shrimp on the island!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been there numerous times and have always had excellent service. I love the atmosphere. This is by far my favorite place to eat on the island!!!

• Visited June 2013
Newnan, Georgia
“The place to go when at Jekyll”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Every year I go to Jekyll for a conference and make a point to go down a couple of days early and head to St. Simons to Iquanas. Have never been disappointed. It is great food and the portions are abundant. If you go with someone you could share a meal. Had the blackened scallops, they aren't too spicy but are tasty. Then a free ice bar which is perfect. It is down at the St. Simons Pier so after you eat you stroll a couple of blocks to the pier and watch the world go by and walk off your dinner. Worth the drive if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Local Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Really friendly place ! Excellent service, Food the same , really enjoyed the Shrimp! Free Ice Cream, how can you go wrong !! Enjoyed by everyone at our table.

• Visited March 2013