“Great seafood, away from the main drag” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill

Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill
1217 Ocean Blvd, St. Simons Island, Georgia, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522 (Formerly Crabdaddy's Seafood Bar & Grill)
912-634-1120
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great seafood, away from the main drag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stopped here for dinner while visiting my parents on the island. I was very impressed. While some of the fresh fish options are a little limited (would love to have grilled/blackened salmon/mahi or something on the menu), but the shellfish offerings are fantastic. The had great crab cakes (coming from a Marylander) and blackened shrimp. It's a great stop

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newton, North Carolina
“Best seafood on the Island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had read so many great reviews so it was a must to try! We shared the grouper fingers appetizer which was lightly breaded and served with 2 sauces. It's a good size order - worth it to share. Delicious! For the entrée we both went for the Shrimp - my husband ordered the fried and I ordered the blackened. You get a dozen shrimp with unlimited salad, bread and one side. The salad was served family style with three dressings brought to your table (all homemade - ranch, blue cheese, and sweet & sour vinaigrette which was my favorite but they were all good). Salad was unlimited so if you wanted more they brought you more. The bread was a small homemade loaf with your choice of butter or cinnamon spread. The shrimp were so fresh - the blackened were perfectly seasoned, not too spicy. They only required lemon juice. The fried shrimp, same situation - only required lemon juice. And we both opted for the cheese grits for our side. Very good as well. To top it off we shared the small portion of the Banana Bread Pudding. People raved about it on Trip Advisor so we needed to see what the fuss was about and now we know. It's is delectable to say the least. With 2 drinks our total bill was $60 plus tip. Highly recommended and definitely a repeat. I do recommend making reservations as it does fill up fast.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“A Food Treasure in St. Simons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

While we were shopping, a local recommended Crab Daddy's for us. She said it was the best restaurant on the Island. We agree.

My wife and I ordered the crab soup. The broth was light. There was fresh corn in the soup with lots of finely cut up crab. You actually taste the crab.

We each had a salad with the meal. The blue cheese dressing was a bit runny. It had chucks of blue cheese but it missed that hearty blue cheese taste. My wife ordered a combination of boiled shrimp and fried shrimp. The fried shrimp were wonderful. Very tasty and fresh. I had blackened grouper with a creole sauce on grits. The grits were prepared extremely well and absorbed the creole sauce. The grouper tasted fresh and was cooked just right. The creole sauce was not too spicy and did not overpower the taste of the grouper.

Our server was very well informed and made recommendations for us including specials for the day. He was friendly, attentive and knew the menu well.

My wife and I shared bread pudding for dessert. it was almost as good as we tasted in New Orleans. The bill for two drinks, soup,salad, main courses and dessert was reasonably priced. We highly recommend that you visit Crab Daddy's but be sure to get a reservation for weekends.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Absolute best restaurant on SSI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

There really isn't another restaurant on SSI that fully compares to Crabdaddy's, in my opinion. Every. single. thing. on the menu is fantastic. Fresh and delicious! It's so wonderful, that I've literally flown down from Atlanta for an overnight trip just to have dinner here! My last trip was the Saturday night before Mother's Day, and I brought my mother and aunt here for an early Mother's Day dinner. Neither of them had ever been to Crabdaddy's, so we ordered a big assortment of things off of the menu. From the salad & rolls to the grouper finger appetizer to the entrees (OMG, the crab legs!), to the bread pudding- it was perfection! And it always is! *Note- make reservations- they are necessary or you will be waiting a very long time!

Visited May 2014
“Very Good and Bustling!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This restaurant was very crowded and noisy. The service was attentive, the food was very good. I had the Salmon and Creamed Spinach special which I enjoyed and my husband had Scallops and Sausage which was one of his favorites.