“Not Bad for a Tourist Area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill

Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill
1217 Ocean Blvd, St. Simons Island, Georgia, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522 (Formerly Crabdaddy's Seafood Bar & Grill)
912-634-1120
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
“Not Bad for a Tourist Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate here several nights ago. We got there early, and we were glad we did because the place fills up rather quickly. The service was efficient, not overly quick or friendly. My husband had the seafood pasta, which he raved about. I had the salmon, and it was just ok. The bread pudding was a good end to the evening. Overall, not bad but nothing to get excited about.

Visited July 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food but awkward to deal with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family (group of 13) usually has one or two meals out when we go to St. Simons. We are looking for a family-friendly place with great food, not fancy but "nice." This was our second time at Crabdaddy's which is just a block away from the King and Prince where we stay. There was a lot of confusion regarding reservations which resulted in my 75 year old mother camping outside the door for an hour before the restaurant opened for dinner. Our server implied that we could have gotten a reservation, but that's not what we were told on the phone.

After all that, the food was OK but not outstanding. I did like the ranch dressing for the salad - very tasty. My son ordered the shrimp platter with half fried and half grilled. He did not eat the grilled shrimp because they were cold. It seemed like they gave him some shrimp that had been sitting around rather than freshly prepared. The fried shrimp were very good, though. Overall, I thought the prices were high and the portions large but the quality was not there. Our server was very friendly and did a great job keeping track of everyone's order.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Was told by many to eat here when I'm on St. Simons and to make sure I get a reservation which I did as there was a 1.5+ hour wait if you didn't. There were 7 of us and we all agreed the food was terrific and the service oustanding. We had a lovely young lady wait on us by the name of Ashley. She knew the menu inside and out, was attentive throughout the meal and made the whole expereince that much more enjoyable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Worst bar service ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Awful service at the bar. The bar staff tried to rush us out of our seats in order for their friends to have a place to sit.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious meal, unique setting!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Although nothing extremely fancy on the exterior so much, don't let it fool you about the food and service was amazing. Our entree choices came with a "table salad". The dressings were delicious and my kids (9 and 6 yr old), as well as, my wife and I enjoyed creating our own salad. The food was delicious, and the bread pudding dessert was soooooo good. If in this area, try this place...you won't be dissatisfied.

Visited July 2013