“Short Stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   599 Beachview Drive, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522   |
New Jersey
“Short Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very nice hotel, large spacious suite overlooking lighthouse with a balcony, nice hardwood floors. Friendly hotel staff. Stayed 2 nights, we were there for a wedding and reception, which was just across the street at the Lighthouse, which was very convenient. A nice room rate was available as it was part of the wedding package. Continental breakfast was simple, There is a "small" outdoor pool". Did not have the chance to use. A visit of Jekyll Island is always a must when visiting St. Simons Island.

Room Tip: A view of the Lighthouse is great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Beaverton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Great staff, terrific locations, very nice hotel.
Easy walk to lighthouse & village, short drive or bike ride to beach.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Clean and convienently located near the "Village" and Neptune Park and the Pier - all within walking distance. Just across from the Lighthouse with great views at night.
Stayed in a front facing "Stand-up Balcony" room facing the Lighthouse. Large King bed - comfortable, sitting area, refrig and microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, Iron and Ironing board, and Standard Def Sony TV. Bath and toilet behind closed door with vanity and sink in the room near entry door - large closet. We stayed just one night and it was very nice. Parking under the hotel, and a pool outside which we did not use. Walking distance to the shops and restaurants in the Village. I would return.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms have a view of the Lighthose and thus the light from the beacon. If you like li...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
thomasville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Ocean Inn and Suites is beautiful! The rosewood floors and marble bathrooms make it so special. My sister and I go once or twice a year and love to stay in one of the affordable suites facing the Atlantic Ocean and the light house. The staff is fantastic, the accomodations wonderful! Just a quick walk to the village and pier. We love it!

Room Tip: The suite we stayed in faced the Atlantic, have a king and queen bed, rosewood floors, marble bathro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I just completed a weekend stay at the Ocean Inn, I found this hotel was over priced and over rated!!!...Normally I DO NOT stay at two (2) star hotels and should have stuck to my GUNS!!!!!...Upon checking in, I found that I had a handicap room and the mattress and box spring were stacked on the floor...yes you heard me right there was no bed frame...the television was old and the channels were limited...BUT WORSE OF ALL WERE THE TOWELS AND BATH CLOTHS!!!!...were about twenty years old and some even had permanent stains!!!!...if you held them up to the light you could see through them...they were hard as a rock and reminded me of a BRILLO PAD...Scouring your skin off...SAVE YOUR MONEY...IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Guyton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great location on the Island, room was huge and the balcony overlooked the lighthouse and ocean.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel have the best views
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I chose the Ocean Inn and Suites for my Honeymoon and I am 100% satisfied. First off I called and spoke with the manager 5 months earlier and she gave me a dicount because it was our honeymoon and reserved the Sand Dunes Suite on the third floor for us. The view was priceless, every morning I woke up to the view of the lighthouse and the ocean. Our King Suite was VERY clean and the bed was AMAZING!! I was worried I had made a mistake because of some bad reviews that were posted a few weeks before our arrival, but ALL of the staff members were very nice and helpfull, and we felt very welcome and at rest. The Pool was cold(it was march the 25th-30th) but I got in everyday and loved it! The continental breafast was good and we were 100% satisfied with it. The covered parking kept our vehicle cool and safe, most of the time we just walked to the village for awesome meals and shopping, you can not beat the location of the Ocean Inn and Suites! When we checked out, the owner was in the lobby and gave us a personal tour of the largest suite in the hotel and wanted to make sure we were happy. I know everyone's expectations are different along with taste in decor, but like I said we are 100% satisfied and we will be back to stay again and again.

Room Tip: If it is in your budget to get a room facing the lighthouse and park, do it!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!