“Yummy depending on what you order!” 4 of 5 stars

260 Redfern Village, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
(912) 634-6333
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Georgia
“Yummy depending on what you order!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

We ate here at the end of August. We had heard that the Blackwater Grill was a good place to eat while in St. Simons. We got there as soon as it opened. There wasn't a crowd to deal with because we decided to go there for an early supper. Our waitress took our order and brought out some bread for us to eat. My meal came with a salad, so that came out before the main meal. It was a small salad, but it was good. Another member of our group ordered a bowl of the Brunswick Stew. It was good as well. Our meal came out soon after. The members of my party got the shrimp and crabcakes. I ordered the grilled pork chop. The shrimp and crabcakes got average reviews, but I loved my grilled pork chop. It was very good! The side item that came with my meal with ok, but that pork chop with apple glaze was good to me!

80% Recommend
atlanta
“Charming Dinner Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

This resterant has a lot to compeat with on this island. In my view it does a wonderful job. We just lucked up on it while riding around. The dip that they start the meal off with is excellent. My wife got the low country boil that was wonderful, expecally the corn on the cob. I go the combo shrimp. I had the fried shrimp and the blackened shrimp. The fried shrimp was nothing to write home about, but the blackened shrimp was very good. The service was excellent. Our waitress was always there when we needed something but was not hovering around like a vulture. In price it was alright. It was not cheap but I think I got what I paid for. I would go there again and would recommend it to others.

Atlanta, GA 30319
“Beware the Early Bird special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2008

This restaurant was recommended by a local for it's early bird special. The waitress was so nice and welcoming, until we settled in with the regular menu and couldn't find the special early bird menu. When we asked for it, her mood changed 180 degrees and we were no longer welcome at her table. The food was OK. I recall there was only one seafood item on the early menu: fried shrimp.
The restaurant itself was not outstanding, just a regular place for steak and seafood. And the fickle server, we found amusing. Our
next night's dinner at Chelsea's was good food but a very bad server. I'll review that one as well.

Gainesville, Georgia
1,128 helpful votes 1,128 helpful votes
“superb!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

What a treat it was for us to discover this outstanding restaurant tucked away unpretentiously in Redfern Village. On an island full of bulldog fans it was refreshing to find at least one corner that welcomed Tech fans, even if it was on the qt for business reasons. The steak I had was fresh cut, large, perfectly grilled, excellently presented and good to the last bite. The crab cakes deserved the same praise. This is a combination seafood, cajun, bbq and steak restaurant. And it's all good! The bodacious meaty flavor packed brunswick stew was loaded with the kind of hardy stick-to-it-tive-ness that made America the greatest free country on the face of the earth. If oyu think the stew is good have a Blackwater Sunday.

Washington DC
“Great little restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2005

This is a very popular restaurant for dinner. Many of the dishes have a New Orleans theme - great shrimp etouffee. The owners are very welcoming, service usually good.