“So disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Atlanta, Georgia
“So disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have been coming here for many years. Dined there last week an was so disappointed. Nothing we had was good an that explains why parking lot was empty with no wait. Overpriced as well an will not go back an sad about it

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Still so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My wife and I came here on our Honeymoon 2 years ago and it's the same delicious food as then. Highly recommend the seafood casserole. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Be sure and arrive as close to 5 as you can. A trip to St Simons Island isn't complete without Crab Trap.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Thirty-nine years of Serving Fresh and Delicious Seafood....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Honestly. Are there any restaurants that specializes in FRESH seafood that has stood the taste of time and been in continuous operation since 1979? What a delight to introduce our next generation to great seafood dishes that can be broiled, blackened, grilled or fried. Even my two and one-half year old grandson PREFERS the right-from-the-dock broiled catch of the day! His three year older sister must have eaten all of her fried shrimp, french fries and half of my wife Diver's scallops. My favorite is the Deviled Crab Cakes....delicious with just the right amount of seasoning and bread crumbs. Although offered, the cocktail sauce and tartar sauce would mask the taste of any seafood served. I like mine cooked but NO SAUCE (although I have tasted the home-made quality of their sauces). For those that like their hot sauce....bottles are right on the table...NO ASKING! And speaking of NO ASKING, the beverages (non-alcoholic) flow like a river and the beers or mixed drinks are very cold and refreshing. Our server was Lane. Imagine serving tables of couples or families and keeping everyone happy? That's Lane! Did I mention that she carries on the concept of what a great restaurant should be in attitude and serving? Everyone on the staff is very friendly and accommodating...the portions are so over-the-plate large, I doubt you will have room for some real food-comfort desserts. One last thing: My granddaughter almost fell off of her chair.......in the middle of the table is a nice, almost invisible round hole with a lined garbage can below. After squeezing the lemon into my drink I casually threw the lemon wedge into the hole. Who expects a hole in the middle of your dining table? Talk about laughing and she asked if her table at home could have a hole in the middle.....See you there!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was my first visit to The Crab Trap and it was amazing! I had the crab soup which was some of the best I've ever had!! I also had the crab legs and they were awesome! The banana daquari was very good also! Will definitely visit again soon!

Adairsville, Georgia
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We ate the Mahi Mahi 2 nights in a row, it was that good! It is the fresh market fish of the day, and we even had a filet of Snapper added and it was SO delicious too. This restaurant is in walking distance of the King and Prince hotel. They have battered french fries, coleslaw and hush pupplies that come with the meal. Yum.

Visited August 2014