“Special evening/great service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Special evening/great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to hear about their 18 specials. The service was fantastic, the food delicious... I highly recommend dinner here

charleston
“Best Foie Gras ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Foie Gras was perfect as well as my lamb. Do not come w/o a reservation or you will sit in the pub part. Men wear long pants and ladies look fine, this is service as it's finest!

Athens, GA
“Fantastic Food--Where is our waiter?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We heard the food at this establishment was excellent. Upon hearing about the beautiful lobster presentation, I was immediately interested. We called about getting a reservation. They were closed on Thursday and Friday night for private parties. I was told the only opening they had on Saturday was 9:30 pm. No thanks. On a whim, I called Saturday afternoon on the chance that we might still get in earlier. We were leaving town on Sunday. They told me I could come at 6:00 or 9:30. We were seated right away and our waiter came over to tell us the appetizer and entree specials. There were quite a few of both. I was AMAZED at how this waiter--definitely a pro--rattled off about 15 different specials without batting an eye. My husband and I decided they must arrive at noon to memorize the specials. I selected the escargot in a blue cheese sauce with toast points. It was perfect. For my entree, I chose the lobster (hold onto your wallet--it's 49.00). It was excellent AND beautifully presented. My husband ordered the ribeye, but was brought a filet--by a different waiter. At this point we realized we had been dumped by our waiter. We're not sure why. They never explained it. We were nothing but cordial. My husband maintains it was really rude. I don't think he wants to go back. My guess is someone requested him, so he passed us off. My husband still gave a decent tip--we were still taken care of--but it would have been much bigger otherwise. He said the steak was fantastic, even though he was given the wrong cut. I don't normally order dessert unless the food is out of sight. It was, so I ordered some sort of chocolate mousse/cake and my husband selected the cream brûlée. Both were awesome. I'll go back, probably on an upcoming girl's trip. My husband is not going to be a regular when we visit due to the "bush league" experience.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is a little hard to find, but SO worth the effort. This place is chef-owned, and the nightly specials outnumber the regular menu items! Very unique and delicious! I had the Antelope, and my fiance had the scallops. Just fantastic, can't say enough good things. It is pricey, but the quality is worth it, as is the preparation and variety. Service was impeccable. Place was packed (understandably), and it was obvious that it is popular with the locals, which is always a good sign!

Visited June 2013
Brunswick, Georgia
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Small restaurant, always crowded which means the food and service is fantastic. Great menu, but the chef always has lots of dishes not on the menu! Some fantastic appetizers, seafood, beef etc. Great wine menu as well!

Visited May 2013