“Overpriced, Underwhelmed but Attentive” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Eclectic, Oyster Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: We're a casual, family friendly restaurant with contemporary coastal American cuisine. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram!
“Overpriced, Underwhelmed but Attentive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I went with a group of families - one toddler or infant each - and we were immediately seated and waited on. The service was impeccable and I was thrilled with their handling of such a large party with small children. The food, however is another matter entirely. A basket of ten fried shrimp - medium in size - and a side ran me $13. If the shrimp had been jumbo, battered in something more flavorful and not fried in what tasted like oil on its last legs, no problem. I also understand that I should expect to pay a higher price for food when I'm 50 yards from the ocean, but I was underwhelmed. I had a cup of the crab bisque as well, and the chives were fresh and crunchy. Green beans wrapped in bacon were delicious though, and I truly appreciated the creativity there. The service was wonderful and easily saved my experience. However, with plenty of choices within walking distance, I think I'll sample the other fare on the island the next time around.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Titus, Alabama
“Good food, but not much for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate at this restaurant on the recommendation of our son. The service was very good and attentive. The menu has a very limited selection of seafood dishes. We chose two of their seafood baskets. The only thing that came with these baskets was fries. Seafood baskets most places include slaw and hush puppies, but not at this restaurant. My wife and I split a salad, and the salad was adequate for two people. The food was good, but I felt the value was not.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Experience they have upped their game!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Sit at the bar and you will love it! Shasta waited on us and Jeremiah was the bartender that night. The crab cakes are better than Barbara Jean's in my honest opinion and I consider myself a foodie. They come with a yummy remoulade sauce on the side. I started off with the cold, peel and eat shrimp and you get about 15 and that is the appetizer. My husband had the local Whole Flounder and it was simply amazing. He ordered the cheese grits and bacon wrapped green beans as his side items. Forgot to mention we started with the oysters ceviche! We love this place. Can't wait to go back when we are there in September!

Visited August 2013
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Definite place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Blackened Mahi Mahi and our friends the oysters. Great food, cozy atmosphere and very clean.

Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“GREAT Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If your are in St Simons take the time to eat at the Half Shell!
Great oysters, great cocktails, great dinner! You won't be dissapointed

Visited July 2013