After reading several reviews here, I was nervous about my stay, but it was a reward night so I was unable to cancel. The check in was smooth as they had my requested room pre- assigned. Upon entering the room there was a moldy, musty smell as well as the temperature being quite warm. I turned on the AC and then we had to leave the room because it was so uncomfortable. I informed the very sweet front desk gentleman who said the room had not been rented the night before so the AC was not on. My husband and I went out to enjoy the sunset at the lighthouse and pier which was a very beautiful area. Upon our return to the room, it had cooled down and the smell had subsided. In the middle of the night, I woke up to the sound of running water by the AC unit and went over to turn it off. I was surprised to walk into a sopping wet carpet all around the unit. That is why the smell. I informed the front desk manager who was very pleasant and she said they would check the drain pain and thanked me for letting her know. The bed was VERY firm as noted on previous reviews, but otherwise it had comfy pillows and the room was quiet (other than the water running over). 20,00 points was a lot to use on this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island Georgia. Enjoy Southern hospitality with the comfort of home in our newly renovated rooms. We are proud to offer 60 extraordinarily clean, comfortable , 100% smoke free guest rooms. We have also added an elevator to our hotel for your convenience . Stay Smart with Holiday Inn Express and experience the many Simply Smart in-room amenities. Whether traveling on business or pleasure be assured you are not far from your destination. We are conveniently located near Historical Downtown Brunswick, Jekyll Island, Little St. Simons Island and Sea Island. Relax by our outdoor swimming pool or drive 2 miles to reach the local beaches. St. Simons Island has many activities to keep you and your family busy during your stay. Some activities we recommend are golfing, St. Simons Trolley, St. Simons Island Lighthouse & Museum and Ft. Frederica National Monument. In the evening you can hop aboard the Emerald Princess II Casino with our complimentary tickets and enjoy a 5 hour fun filled cruise on the Atlantic. You will never get bored when visiting St. Simons Island and you will enjoy it all while staying with us at Holiday Inn Express. Let us be a part of your memories and book today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express St. Simon's Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express St. Simon`s Island Hotel Saint Simons Island
- Holiday Inn Saint Simons Island
- Holiday Inn St Simons Island
- Saint Simons Island Holiday Inn