With The Cloister charging $750 a night these days, the King and Prince looks that much better. Before arriving, I was told the hotel was a bit of a dump, badly in need of an update. After staying two nights here, I can say that, for the most part, the resort is certainly not a dump and does most things well.
Our large, clean room seemed newly renovated, with updated furnishings and clean tiling in the double sink bathroom. The room overall was a strong suit of the resort. The lobby area looks like it dates from the 1970s and needs to be renovated desperately. The pool area had a sufficient number of sun beds (the sun beds are old-style with plastic slats as opposed to cushioned loungers). There are two pools, neither of which is memorable in design but which serve their purpose well. Poolside service was prompt, courteous and reasonably priced.
The beach is a standard southern Atlantic, which means hard packed sand, warm, murky waters and no waves. Whether you are paying $750 at the Cloister or $250 at the King and Prince, you are on the same type of beach.
Being conveniently located near the St. Simons pier means it is just a quick drive to bars and restaurants.
This resort is a nice place for a long weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic ocean front resort on St Simons Island, Georgia features 195 guest rooms in a variety of buildings, room decor and views, including two and three bedroom villas and resort residences. Resort amenities include five oceanfront pools, a challenging 18 hole golf course, massage therapy at the Royal Treatment Cottage, complimentary fitness center, oceanfront dining, two clay tennis courts, Wi-Fi (wireless) technology and the beautiful beachfront of the Golden Isles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King And Prince Beach And Golf Hotel Saint Simons Island
- King And Prince Beach Hotel
- King Prince St Simons
- King And Prince Resort
- King And Prince Beach Resort