It is nice, the service was very good! The house is surrounded by a low fence. It is an old property, that is very well maintained. The main pool is big with a kid area my boys love. Beds are nice, kitchen is modestly equipped. There are good restaurants within easy walking distance.
I have not stayed in hotel only the Hampton House for 3 summers!
Food: We cook a lot, and grill! They have a Starbuck on property. I have only had take-out and it was OK, not great. I had a shrimp po-boy a couple of times from the pool area bar. The best lunch bet is at the park next door or down the beach at a food truck called "the smoking pig" great people who use the profits to feed homeless and children in Brunswick. They have shaved ice, bbq, and fried shrimp. Good folks!!!
The Beach disappears at low tide and can get crowded during holiday weeks. But during mid-week summer it is yours. The waves during high tide are great. There is a sand bar that does create a dangerous distraction because of the undertow if you choose to swim out to it.
The house is very large two story 4 bedroom each room has a bath except for a kids room that shares a bath with another room.
The sand bar is a long swim at points and the tides change and undertow kills. For us it is always tough swimming back in. While we were there the life guards assisted a couple of swimmer who were in undertow. Its can be bad, just beware that the swim is long, the water is deep and the current coming back can make it a challenge. If you are not confident with how to swim in undertow and potential strong currents be advised. Take a raft and life- jackets for little kids or average swimmers. Some times the current is calm, but often it changes.
I would not recommend taking kids to the sand bar BUT that is because I have personally been trapped in a "rip tide" at another beach and it can be scary. When the current gets a child they panic and it could be dangerous.
The Hampton House has a yard and a parking area. Great for kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic ocean front resort on St Simons Island, Georgia features 195 guest rooms in a variety of buildings, room decor and views, including two and three bedroom villas and resort residences. Resort amenities include five oceanfront pools, a challenging 18 hole golf course, massage therapy at the Royal Treatment Cottage, complimentary fitness center, oceanfront dining, two clay tennis courts, Wi-Fi (wireless) technology and the beautiful beachfront of the Golden Isles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King And Prince Beach And Golf Hotel Saint Simons Island
- King And Prince Beach Hotel
- King Prince St Simons
- King And Prince Resort
- King And Prince Beach Resort