My sister and I have stayed in the historic building of the K&P on a number of occasions during the winter, each of us having our own room. This time, she had an ocean-front room, but I had a courtyard-facing room, which was twice the size of hers and very lovely. She had the view. In both cases, the rooms were well-furnished and clean. We received those prized pillow chocolates each night. Curiously, though, the maid staff was different each day and our rooms were not serviced until mid-afternoon---no big problem, just a fact.
As usual, the K&P had an enormous fresh tree decorated in the lobby of the historic building and other signs of the Christmas season (a red sleigh with wrapped gifts, the winners of a gingerbread house competition, and such). The problem is that the historic building is undergoing major renovation in its public areas that will continue until the end of February, when the spring/summer rates become effective. No longer does one check in at a counter in the lobby, but at a small cottage near the entrance to the property. Of course, there isn't anyone around in the lobby to ask a question. The main dining room is closed and guests eat in an expanded bar area. The business area with computers for guest use now consists of a table and chairs at the edge of the lobby with three computers and a printer on it. Jackhammers and other construction noises sound off during meals. There is no gift shop. It is disconcerting to be in a supposedly luxury resort with all the commotion and reduced convenience.
- Also Known As:
- The King And Prince Beach And Golf Hotel Saint Simons Island
- The King And Prince Beach And Golf Hotel
- King And Prince Beach Hotel
- King Prince St Simons
- King And Prince Resort
- King And Prince Beach Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic ocean front resort on St Simons Island, Georgia features 19 guest rooms in a variety of buildings, room decor and views, including two and three bedroom villas and resort residences. Resort amenities include an indoor pool and hot tub, four additional oceanfront pools, a challenging 18 hole golf course, massage therapy at the Royal Treatment Cottage, complimentary fitness center, oceanfront dining, two clay tennis courts, Wi-Fi (wireless) technology and the beautiful beachfront of the Golden Isles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.