“Resort centrally located to the pier on quaint Island” 4 of 5 stars

You added The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort to your Saves list
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   201 Arnold Road, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522   |
Fishkill, New York
“Resort centrally located to the pier on quaint Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We travelled to the island flying into JAX airport and traveling 65 miles north to St. Simmons. the drive was straight forward and smooth. The king and prince is one of three resorts on the island. We went with a group of friends and each of us had a different room/villa within the resort. We rented a two bedroom Villa which was a decent size with two separate bedrooms, bathrooms, fireplace and full equipped kitchen. If you have to choose a villa, I would suggest one without carpeting. The carpeting in the first one had a deep musky smell and in desperate need of a shampooing. The hotel accommodated our request and we had a very nice stay in the South tower Villas in room 249. The view was gorgeous and the place worked out great for our family. Keep in mind, each Villa is different. Some Villas are privately owned and rented out while others belong to the King and Prince. I wasn't crazy about having a different housekeeper every day of the week during our stay, plus I had to ask them to use spray to wipe the counters and tables down after the 4th day. I didn't realize it was just the basic empty garbage, turn on dishwasher, flush toilets,provide clean towels and make beds. On the flip side, anytime I had any issues with television, toilets, water, etc., they responded very quickly fixing everything. We did take a sneak peak at one of the hotel rooms. Very nice, nautical look and perfectly fine. I would stay in the room if we ended up on the island again instead of the Villa. The resort has gorgeous pools for the family. the inside pool is a bit strange. its located in the middle of the lobby and a restaurant. i am sure that could be odd for all parties. The K&P golf course is deceiving in regards to the hotel. you will have to drive 20-30 minutes from the hotel. We ordered room service, the food was good but please know there is a $3 charge for each person in addition to your meal expense and 20 percent gratuity. As for the area...Amazing, quaint and lots of different shops and restaurants to choose from. We loved the pier village, walking the shops and stopping at the little coffee house that reminds me of something I would read in a novel. The playground is darling, it sits on the edge of Atlantic...beautiful and clean. The grounds are covered in luxurious trees with a storybook lighthouse in the background. By far one of my favorite places on the island. The weather was very chilly so we didn't get to enjoy the beach. The sand in front of the hotel can only be seen during low tide.

Room Tip: If the Villa is too pricey and you do not need a full size kitchen and an entertaining area go with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Blairsville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from the King and Prince and had a group rate. In the past I have always enjoyed spending a few days on the beach in the fall at the King and Prince.
this is the first time we have ever had a less than average room. The room in the Oglethorpe House and it is outdated, old, carpet needs to be replaced and the beds are not comfortable. It was like an old 80's hotel. The room was clean and did have wifi. The housekeeping staff was excellent and very friendly. The Oglethorpe House is a walk to the beach, there is no beach or ocean view, only a parking lot. I did ask the front desk on each of our 3 days stay to move to a different room and was rejected because of space, however we encountered 2 other couples with the same group that arrived a day after we did and they were each given a better location and room than we were given. We were looking forward to staying here so much that we had planned to stay over a couple of days, but we were so bummed out about the room that it ruined out stay and we just headed back to home. In years past I would have given this hotel a solid 4 , but this stay was a 2 not because of the front desk staff, but the housekeeping was so pleasant and did such a good job it pulls their rating up. Make sure your are not assigned the Oglethorpe House when you arrive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are from Colorado and wanted to spend a few days on the Georgia coast with an ocean view and ocean sounds. We also wanted a beach community that was attractive - but not stuffy. The K&P on St. Simons was a bullseye. I had read on Trip Advisor that the staff is exceptionally friendly; I heartily agree. We also played a round of golf, and although the course is a 20 minute drive, it was absolutely worth it. Three of the holes are "islands" in the marshes. Beautiful! (Dad, Mom and two kids in their twenties.)

Room Tip: Our 2 br condo was ocean front in the South Villas. Postcard view of the pool area and the ocean bey...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the ocean view rooms over the pool to the custom made to order buffet breakfast...this
hotel is worth every penny! The berach is super clean and not crowded. The pools are clean and inviting. Lots of places to relax and watch the waves roll in. Staff is super nice and welcoming. There is a hole in the wall BBQ joint right outside the hotel gates...you would be crazy to not stop in and partake! Cannot say enough nice things about this property. Wonderful experience both times I have stayed.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms that ovewrlook the pools are ideal.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We visited St. Simons Oct 28-30th. I've been to St. Simons before but my boyfriend had not. I wanted to stay at the King and Prince and got a great rate for the 2 nights. The resort is beautiful, clean, romantic and has great ocean views. We stayed in the oceanfront building and it was spacious, clean and the view from our room was exceptional.

Unfortunately on my first night I got very sick in the middle of the night. My bf contacted the front desk for directions to the local hospital. The front desk attendant printed out directions for him and also inquired as to whether I needed an ambulance. He assured him I didn't. I spent 3 hours in the emergency room with apparent food poisoning and/or dehydration. Let me assure everyone if it was food poisoning I did not get it from the King & Prince restaurants because we had not eaten there.

When I returned to the resort the next morning, I had a message from the concierge inquiring about my health and asking what if anything they could do for me. I really appreciated their concern...which was very genuine. They sent me up a six pack of diet ginger ale (as I requested) and a wonderful card.

Unfortunately my last day was mostly spent resting and I felt bad because my boyfriend did not get to enjoy our last day there. But again I enjoyed my time there despite the illness and plan to return in the future. The staff is gracious, attentive and overall I have to give the King and Prince 5 stars. As they say "heaven on earth!"

Room Tip: You can't beat the oceanfront building for great views!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a fabulous stay here for a couple of nights and stayed in the awesome cabana rooms. Our room was in the historic section on the ground floor with doors leading out to our own little sitting area with the ocean right there! Down a couple steps and you are walking along the beach or sitting in a swing. We ate dinner in the Kings Tavern oceanfront and were treated to a full moon coming up over the ocean! We stayed here on our honeymoon 48 years ago, and it was wonderful then and it is now! Beautiful resort with top notch southern hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Acworth, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

One of the jewels in the Golden Isles of Georgia....Spanish moss hangs from the trees as you drive up to the resort. There are cottages for rent, condos and an updated section to stay in, but I highly recommended in staying in the old, original resort room - it will make you feel like a Vanderbilt! The wedding was in October, on the beach; the reception on the lawn just in front of the King's Tavern Restaurant, and we all spent the night barefoot drinking, dining and dancing! The most attentive staff and beautiful accommodations you can find along a beautiful stretch of the Southeast Atlantic seacoast! Oh, and if you're a golfer, then this place is heaven on earth for you!

Room Tip: Something for everyone: from cottages and condos to intimate, bed & breakfast size rooms in the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!