“If you want beachfront on the Georgia coast...” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   201 Arnold Road, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522   |
Special Rate
Room rates from $129
Aspen, Colorado
“If you want beachfront on the Georgia coast...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are from Colorado and wanted to spend a few days on the Georgia coast with an ocean view and ocean sounds. We also wanted a beach community that was attractive - but not stuffy. The K&P on St. Simons was a bullseye. I had read on Trip Advisor that the staff is exceptionally friendly; I heartily agree. We also played a round of golf, and although the course is a 20 minute drive, it was absolutely worth it. Three of the holes are "islands" in the marshes. Beautiful! (Dad, Mom and two kids in their twenties.)

Room Tip: Our 2 br condo was ocean front in the South Villas. Postcard view of the pool area and the ocean bey...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the ocean view rooms over the pool to the custom made to order buffet breakfast...this
hotel is worth every penny! The berach is super clean and not crowded. The pools are clean and inviting. Lots of places to relax and watch the waves roll in. Staff is super nice and welcoming. There is a hole in the wall BBQ joint right outside the hotel gates...you would be crazy to not stop in and partake! Cannot say enough nice things about this property. Wonderful experience both times I have stayed.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms that ovewrlook the pools are ideal.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We visited St. Simons Oct 28-30th. I've been to St. Simons before but my boyfriend had not. I wanted to stay at the King and Prince and got a great rate for the 2 nights. The resort is beautiful, clean, romantic and has great ocean views. We stayed in the oceanfront building and it was spacious, clean and the view from our room was exceptional.

Unfortunately on my first night I got very sick in the middle of the night. My bf contacted the front desk for directions to the local hospital. The front desk attendant printed out directions for him and also inquired as to whether I needed an ambulance. He assured him I didn't. I spent 3 hours in the emergency room with apparent food poisoning and/or dehydration. Let me assure everyone if it was food poisoning I did not get it from the King & Prince restaurants because we had not eaten there.

When I returned to the resort the next morning, I had a message from the concierge inquiring about my health and asking what if anything they could do for me. I really appreciated their concern...which was very genuine. They sent me up a six pack of diet ginger ale (as I requested) and a wonderful card.

Unfortunately my last day was mostly spent resting and I felt bad because my boyfriend did not get to enjoy our last day there. But again I enjoyed my time there despite the illness and plan to return in the future. The staff is gracious, attentive and overall I have to give the King and Prince 5 stars. As they say "heaven on earth!"

Room Tip: You can't beat the oceanfront building for great views!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a fabulous stay here for a couple of nights and stayed in the awesome cabana rooms. Our room was in the historic section on the ground floor with doors leading out to our own little sitting area with the ocean right there! Down a couple steps and you are walking along the beach or sitting in a swing. We ate dinner in the Kings Tavern oceanfront and were treated to a full moon coming up over the ocean! We stayed here on our honeymoon 48 years ago, and it was wonderful then and it is now! Beautiful resort with top notch southern hospitality!

Acworth, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

One of the jewels in the Golden Isles of Georgia....Spanish moss hangs from the trees as you drive up to the resort. There are cottages for rent, condos and an updated section to stay in, but I highly recommended in staying in the old, original resort room - it will make you feel like a Vanderbilt! The wedding was in October, on the beach; the reception on the lawn just in front of the King's Tavern Restaurant, and we all spent the night barefoot drinking, dining and dancing! The most attentive staff and beautiful accommodations you can find along a beautiful stretch of the Southeast Atlantic seacoast! Oh, and if you're a golfer, then this place is heaven on earth for you!

Room Tip: Something for everyone: from cottages and condos to intimate, bed & breakfast size rooms in the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The King & Prince is a beautiful, old island hotel. I love the historic section, as well as the oceanfront section, and have stayed in both. My recent trip was a king oceanfront room in the historic building, with a balcony and a gorgeous ocean view. The grounds are beautifully kept, spacious, several pools, beautiful views. Now the downsides: Our room had a terribly uncomfortable and squeaky mattress. There was only one chair in the room, so an extra person had to sit on the (uncomfortable) bed. The bathroom was spacious, but no shelves for your own toiletries. We moved the ice bucket and glasses to the room desk to make more room on the bathroom counter. The balcony chairs are uncomfortable, and our balcony neighbor was a smoker...YUK. Their smoke blew right up my nose. I wish the hotel would ban smoking on the entire property. The indoor pool and hot tub were not heated, as they should have been. We reported the issue, but it was not repaired during our stay. We hiked over to the condo area to use the hot tub there, but it is not convenient to the hotel area. The breakfast buffet is very good, but I think it is over priced. The K & P throws out a great rate for oceanfront rooms on occasion, and it's worth a visit when they have a discounted rate, usually fall and winter. Yes, I will stay here again, when there is a discounted rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new mattress, and a non-smoking area.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here from Oct 23 to 25 2012. We were in the beach apartment block and when we walked into our room our spirits lifted. It was well set up but the best thing was the end wall of glass leading onto a balcony overlooking the sea. An wonderful view from which we could see the dawn come up snd the sunsets and the huge ships coming up the channel to Brunswick. Stunning.

Room Tip: We stayed in the beach block - briilant view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!