“Delicious & Charming” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Saint Augustine, FL
“Delicious & Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This wonderful small cafe serves traditional breakfast & lunch items but what's so special are the gourmet, unique offerings that are incredible yet still totally at a normal price. Everything is so fresh. There is also the charm of the place with it's wide planned wood floors and tin ceiling and the warm welcome the owner Palmer gives you. Makes you feel like a local. Wish I was visiting SSI long enough to try everything but, I'll be back.

“The Sweet Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This charming restaurant was exactly what we wanted for breakfast! We found it by searching on Trip Advisor and it exceeded our expectations! I'll start with the service, it's what you expect from a 5 star restaurant every server that walked by our table refilled our coffee or checked our needs, they were so attentive I felt like we were celebrities.
The food was incredible, unique and not your typical breakfast fare.
We split one blueberry nut pancake (perfect balance between sweet and savory), and I had the Islander, my husband had the Hooch. Everything we ordered was perfect, cooked perfectly and seasoned well. I didn't finish my Islander because I couldn't eat another bite but the OWNER came by to clear our plates, yes you heard that right, the Owner bussed our table and informed me that I could order half of the Islander on my next visit! I love that they are willing to cater to your needs. We read so much about the blueberry nut pancakes but we both were in the mood for something savory so were able to order one pancake to share instead of the entire order.
Everything was perfect and we can't wait to come back on our next visit.
The owner, Palmer is hands on and super nice, he greeted us, shook our hands and then checked us out. This is a gem in St. Simons.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Treat Yourself to Dinner at Palmers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I've lived in San Francisco, San Diego and traveled extensively in Italy. It is with some authority I can say I know good food. I moved to Saint Simons Island four years ago and missed the quality of fresh and innovative food significantly. And then Palmers opened. Treat yourself by eating at Palmers, a locally owned restaurant, located in The Village. Palmer will greet you while John is creating interesting, delicious dinners in the kitchen. The presentation is magazine worthy. How many meals do you let the food linger in your mouth while you enjoy the varying flavors as you discuss them at your table? Prices are very reasonable and the house wine is delicious. They only serve dinner on Thur/Fri and Sat evenings so plan ahead.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“It begins again in this little cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you visit St. Simons, this is a must! Great food, great service and great atmosphere..............

Macon, Georgia
“Pimento cheese in the grits...yes, please.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I'm oringinally from Brunswick, but this place has popped up since I moved away. On a trip back home this past weekend, my brother's girlfriend took us all to breakfast at the restaurant where she worked, Palmers. I think that's saying something right there when you're willing to go eat at the place you serve food all week long. It was dang delicious. I went simple and had a biscuit with gravy (delish) and some grits. The waitress suggested that I add pimento cheese to my grits. OMG. What an amazing idea. Yes, yes, and yes. It was delicious. I couldn't get enough of them. I want them now. My mouth is watering.

I also tried everyone elses food and everything was amazing. My mom had an omlet of sorts, i forget what kind. But it had fried onions on top and it was to die for. I also tried the banana pancake and the PB&J pancake. They were very rich and very delicious. They're also pretty big, so I recommend getting a single pancake and letting everyone at the table sample it.

Amazing meal, great service, quaint atmosphere. I will be back.