“Real Japanese Food Made by Real Japanese People” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 289 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Japanese
Milton, Georgia
“Real Japanese Food Made by Real Japanese People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Fifteen years ago my wife and I stumbled into Tanaka. We have loved it since. I've had wannabe sushi eaters tell me how they prefer some fancy schmancy restaurant or some trendy "Asian" place. I can tell they think the more it costs the better it is. I tell them to go to Tanaka and they'll find out what real Japanese food made by real Japanese people tastes like. Every time they come back to me and say "You were right, the food was incredible."

Its called Tanaka because Mr. Tanaka owns the place and makes the sushi himself every night. He doesn't speak English. The food is so good he posts special menus written in Japanese on the wall because so many Japanese come into the place.

Besides sushi, he also has a wide range of other Japanese dishes. Its all good!!! Trust me, you'll be saying the same thing all my friends have said over the years -- "You were right, the food was incredible."

And if you have taken the time to read this far then you deserve my best tip of all -- get a Mexican roll. It's delicious!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Roswell, Georgia
“Tanaka, Consistently good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I am an ESL teacher and my Japanese students recommended Tanaka for good, Japanese food in the area. The food is very good. Restaurant is small, though, so I recommend getting there early (no later than 6) or there will be a wait. Service has consistently been excellent.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
alpharetta, georgia
“My favorite sushi restaurant in Atlanta area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have been going here for at least two years, and this is our favorite sushi restaurant in the entire Atlanta area. Prices are reasonable as well. The spicy scallops rolls and Dynamite rolls are the best.

Atlanta
“Near failing grade on inspection -- RUN!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Attempting to find a replacement for the recently closed Nagoya, I read the reviews on Tanaka and felt it may become my new favorite Sushi place. Walked in to find an extremely small place, which is okay, with a short wait. Then I saw the latest inspection report: 71/100. That sealed it for me. My life isn't worth it. May try again but only when they clean up and get the score over a 95!!

Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This restaurant has been my favorite for over 10 years. They offer truly authentic japanese food and the sushi is to die for. The atmosphere is small, quaint, cozy, and romantic. Service is excellent. I highly recommend Tanaka.

• Visited March 2014