“New, great ambience, great food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 289 Restaurants in Roswell
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“New, great ambience, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

This place looks new and fresh. I love the open airy modern ambience. We ate outside and enjoyed the view and wonderful weather. The service was very friendly and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. What I liked is that they had starters and main dishes but also a series of cheese and meat dishes that can be ordered singly or in groups and shared at the table. Great desserts too!

Visited August 2014

Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Odd Name, Odd Decor, Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is actually the fourth restaurant in this space in a renovated strip mall on Holcomb Bridge Road. I have tried it for dinner and for lunch. My first comment is about the name. It is so odd that I can never remember it in order to tell friends. Then there is the decor. Eclectic does not adequately describe it. There are panels that look like they're covered with '60s design shelf lining paper, and more odd looking wooden cut-out panels on the walls. Most of the chairs are hard wood with no padding. (Cushions would be nice for bony butts.) There are a few chairs with lattice woven fabric that look more comfortable, however the accompanying table top is of uneven artistic squares. How can it accommodate dishes and glasses without spillage? Overall the ambiance is puzzling. The bar takes up half of the front of the restaurant and is separated from the dining area, but that does not cut down the noise level at all. Dinnertime was crowded and very, very noisy, but lunch was quiet since there were only a few tables being served.

About the food: Both the lunch and dinner menus are short, with limited, slightly offbeat selections, also slightly pricy. The food has been uniquely delicious. I would recommend the scallops, mussels, and (lunch) lamb sandwich. I was not impressed with the Rosemary olive oil cake dessert. In spite of the description, it was flavorless. The service was fine. I was told that the menu changes seasonally, but so far they have only been open since May, one season. I would go there again, and I think a quiet lunch would be most welcome.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Where is our food?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We dined with our neighbors at Foundation on a Sunday evening with reservations. The place was packed and a wedding reception or similar event going on. We had a 20 minute wait for the table and were promptly met by the waiter for our wine selection. Very soon we ordered our dinner(s) but it took over an hour for the food to arrive. No offer for a glass of wine etc. which would have been nice. No explanation for the wait on the food, though were were told a few times it was next up.

The food was very good but I am not sure it was worth the wait. The restaurant had recently opened so we may have been part of the shake-down cruise.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't sit in the bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I met a friend for dinner recently and we were seated in the bar area. The food was very good....we both had the scallops and they were delicious. The grilled octopus was tasty although they could improve on the presentation of this dish as it made us both a bit squeamish. The wine list was limited and not many wines that are recognizable. Overall the food was good but my legs were numb by the end of the evening as the high tops are very uncomfortable. I prefer a nice comfy booth vs. a fusion contemporary atmosphere.

Visited August 2014
Roswell, Georgia
“Innovative new eatery in Roswell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We had some wonderful creative and delicious food here. There were 4 of us so we shared some starters and entrees. The mushroom ravioli is a must. The potato gnocchi was delightful in a broth that was herb infused. The hanger steak is the best you will ever have. We thought we were eating tenderloin. Grouper was fresh and very good. We had no room for dessert but we will go back for sure and soon.
The atmosphere is contemporary and hardwood Floors make it quite noisy if seated out front near the bar.

• Visited August 2014