“too expensive for what it is” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 289 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Swiss, Fondue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Warsaw Road
“too expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Not as impressed as we had hoped to be. Cheese fondue and dessert were good, but not loving the main course

Visited May 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This place is too expensive for me to go anytime other than special occasions, but it's always a home run when I do. You wouldn't think you could make a meal out of the selections, but you can. It's a great place to talk and enjoy peace and quiet. Meals can take an hour and a half, so don't hurry in and out.

Very expensive, but it's part food and part experience. Rarely crowded when we get there at 5 but always crowded (though we have never seen a wait) when we leave around 7 during the week. Maybe weekends are different.

• Visited November 2011
Suwanee, Georgia
“Super Service, Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've been long time Melting Pot guests, from DC area, to Virginia, and now in Atlanta. I can say that we have had an incredibly CONSISTENT experience each and every time. And this location was no exception.

The service is always incredibly prompt. The staff is well-spoken, informative, and warm.

The food goes without saying: always incredibly flavorful, fresh, and plentiful.

Yes, it will be a pricey night out, but you don't do it often . . .

It's really a family favorite, especially our son's.

• Visited September 2011
Atlanta
“Great Interactive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I frequent this restaurant and have a great experience every time. It is great for a romantic night out with a loved one, a group date or even a first date. They offer a wide assortment of fondue which provides you with an interactive experience of "cooking" your dinner. Typically the meal includes cheese fondue with bread, apples and assorted vegetables as a starter. The cheese is followed by salads. The main entree is next which is an assortment of meat and various dipping sauces. Lastly, the dessert is to die for! They also have a nice wine selection as well as wonderful Chocolate "Fontinis" for a cocktail.

• Visited February 2011
Atlanta
“Beware if you take kids...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

As stated this is a fondue restaurant, so it is very unique. I am sure it that it is a great date place or something different. We were just not prepared or understood the pricing before we went. My daughter wanted to take 3 of her friends for her 13th birthday dinner because we had been a long time ago when she was smaller. We were not prepared at all. This restaurant does not have a kids menu so they must order from the main menu. My total bill came to $450 with 6 kids and 2 adults. Crazy. I didn't really comprehend until we were too far into it and my daughter really wanted to go. I was prepared to probaly spend $250 for this unique night, but $450. The kids didn't even really eat until the chocolate dessert. They did not like the cheese, my wife and I thought it was fine, they didn't eat much of the main course (they are kids), but loved the chocolate dipping. To top it off it took 3 1/2 hours. We probaly could have split entrees, I don't know, but please be prepared if you take kids. I will never go back. I have had 10 friends say they would gladly give thier fondue kits they have gotten over the years and used once. That is what we will do next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere