“Nightmare experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Roswell
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nightmare experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is very run down, needs updating terribly. Our room had two double beds (I didn't even know those things still existed), the mattresses were lumpy, the bedding was soiled. The carpet was wet in our room from the door until about halfway through the room. When we checked in, it was very crowded and only one person was working the front desk. We were given keys to a room, but when we got there, it hadn't been cleaned yet. We were given another room, which we were told was the last as they were full. We went to visit friends, and when we returned, the window to our room was open. We were on the ground level, front of the building. Obviously, someone had been in our room and opened it. We tried to lock the window, but there was no lock on it. Needless to say, we were very uneasy at this point about staying at this hotel. Breakfast was very minimal, very crowded, small space, and lots of people. To top it all off, when we got to our car (my new car, I might add) someone had hit our car during the night and left. We are now in the process of getting our car fixed. We will NEVER stay at La Quinta again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My daughter & I said at Laquinta Saint Patrick's day weekend. We arrived earlier than planned but was still able to check into our room upon arrival. I was truly impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. I have to admit, I expected so much less than what we received in quality & service based on the price. It was conveniently located to everything & the breakfast was wonderful. There was only two disappointments on the trip. One was there was no refrigerator in the room, so we did a lot/too much takeout eating & two the pool was close & we planned to swim. Overall I was extremely satisfied & I will definitely stay with them again, no matter what state I travel to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our first room had hairs all over the bed even under the sheets, Were it was "freshly made". Room 2. Upgraded from our first dirty room to the king deluxe. Haha. Maybe the drug king. Our non smoking room reeked of cigarettes to the point I was nauseous. It was hard to sleep. I hated the room that night but what I found the next morning was unbelievable. I should also mention that my 4 year old son was with us. We were waiting on our apartment to be finished so we had toys and other things to occupy our 4 days there. Any way. We got up. Opened window to let the room air out some. I noticed ashes all over window seal. And floor next to window. No wonder it stunk like cigarettes. I decided to take shower so we could leave and do something outside of hotel for a while. Took my pathetic shower. Got out. Went to pick up my clothes off floor and found seeds. Marijuana seeds. I know because I am a former smoker. I picked them up and put in a cup to show my husband. Meanwhile my little boy had scattered his Legos around the room. I started to pick them up. They were everywhere! Under the bed I found beer caps. And a cigarillo cigar wrapper. Next to bath/kitchen area more cigarette ashes. Huge full length ashes. On right side of bed by table there was a blunt roach with visible green marijuana still in it. Tossed that into cup with seeds. I was in shock at this point. I had never been in such a bad hotel. My previous worst hotel experience was no where near this filthy and unbelievable. I was livid. I called my husband and told him. He wanted me to pack because we weren't staying. So I started packing. While packing I noticed I had missed some of those Legos under the desk. So I get down under desk and see what I thought was a cigarette butt. But turned out to be the previous guests French fry. I grabbed a Baggie. Which I assumed was just random garbage. NOPE. It actually had a white powder in it which I am assuming is cocaine based on the other items I found in the room. That was my breaking point. My son had just Eaten breakfast on this desk two hours before. What if he picked it up or god forbid eaten it or got it on his fingers or something. It would have damn near killed him. I put the Baggie in the cup with all the other paraphernalia I had found and went down to front desk. She apologized and asked if we wanted another room she knew was clean. Ummm no. This room was suppose to be cleaner than the first one we were in. I'd hate to see the third. The manager told us she was having "issues" with house keeping and was assisting in room cleaning all day because of complaints. I saw at least 4 girls come in to fill out applications while I was talking to her. I almost considered getting a job there just to make it a decent hotel. The solution was to comp our night and set us up at another la Quinta. No more la Quinta's for us. We went to the Hyatt at windward for 15$ less than that dope house. Beware unless you want free drugs. Please stay at Hyatt for beautiful deluxe rooms and great service and the best complementary breakfast a hotel can serve

• Stayed January 2013
Athens, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Trouble at check in with rewards points "system" allowing us to "overbook" the king rooms. When we got here no king rooms available and the check in desk said they can't refund the up charge to king...that we will have to call the rewards center and they would do it. Can you say "run around"? Get to room finally and window is open, spots of what I can only hope are detergent or fabric softener on sheets, there are no washcloths, there is what I think is condensation from a glass from the last guest on the night stand in the room and every floor has a drink machine that is empty. Won't stay here again and don't recommend that you do. They seriously need to up their game!

Stayed March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Could not have asked for more for the $ we paid. Consistent to the other good LQ's my wife and I have stayed at up and down the east coast over the years. Love the quick breakfast in the mornings and the clean and simple charm of the rooms. The location was awesome as well...right off 400 by many shops and cool places to eat out and entertain friends. God Bless...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This facility is in an excellent location, given that the north-Atlanta area was where I wanted to be, convenient to roads, food, shopping. The hotel seemed understaffed, not very clean and smelled of smoke. I like to use LaQunta because of their dog-friendly approach and large comfortable rooms and good breakasts. I changed my reservation to the LaQunta Alpharetta location, which was much more to my approval.

Room Tip: Go to the nearby LaQunita in Alpharetta instead