“Very nice hotel for a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn - Rome
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2973 Cedartown Highway SE, Rome, GA 30161-3896   |
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rome
New York
“Very nice hotel for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you need a place to lay your head, but will be away most of the day, consider this hotel. It's on the outskirts of Rome, but very easy ride to Shorter and Berry Colleges. The staff was WONDERFUL!! They were helpful and very courteous. I enjoyed a nice, quiet 3 night stay and would be delighted to stay again when visiting Rome.

Room Tip: I like staying on the second floor, but be aware that there is no elevator (only 2 floors). Not muc...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
abvirome, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rome, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the AmericasBestValueInn - Rome. We appreciate your kind remarks concerning your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review.You have been a wonderful guest and thank you for being our guest.

We hope that if when your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Normally, you will see, I love The Embassy, Holiday Inn Resorts, and Hilton for staying over. Those hotels run from $100-$200/night. I should expect that level of amenity...and SERVICE.

Here, I was very expectant of "none of the above" but had to stay close for personal reasons. The rate I was given of $53 yes FIVE THREE, was much less than I expected so I was leery and asked for a room next to the office. The owner that checked me in, asked I stay in the back, that I would be happier with no noise from the road. I was skeptical and told him when I stay in small hotels, I am concerned of security. He was very kind and explained I would be fine and the security was ok. I felt ok and believed him. Well, Mike, THANK YOU,

The room was very clean, the towels nice and fresh, the paint and bathroom very nice and frankly, the bed was wonderful! I slept quite well. I did hear someone coming in and jumped up to make sure my car was ok at 5am. Frankly, I realized it was sooooo much kinder and nicer than I expected, I stayed one more night to actually sleep better than elsewhere.

I did not expect a suite and pull out couch, pool, or even hot breakfast with eggs; not for $53 folks! I got a clean room, very kind staff and what I needed there. I enjoyed the coffee and the service, I even asked to check out late since I SLEPT IN, no problem!

It was a breath of fresh air not leaving with a bill of $115 avg and breakfast! Personally, those hotels have their place and if you want great service at an incredible price, his is it. I've stayed at "cheap" hotels when there was "no room at the inn" in many towns and heard all kinds of parties even fighting. This is NOT one of those.

Very satisfied, thank you, Mike!

Room Tip: 211 smoke free
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
abvirome, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rome, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your favorable comments and desire you to come back. We welcome your return to our hotel. I appreciate you for writing your experience during your stay at our hotel. You have been a wonderful guest and thank you for being our guest.
Savannah GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Not sure where the people stayed who wrote positive reviews of this hotel. I think the owners must have written the reviews. Very old hotel. Less than basic. No closet, no hair dryer, worn out carpet. Only cereal for breakfast. Beds hard as a rock and tilted up on the end. No clock in the room. Dirty carpet, Two dingy towels.Noisy because the room faced a busy highway and the air conditioner sounded as if it were about to explode. The walls were so thin you could hear the faucet handles squeek when someone in another room turned on the water.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
abvirome, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rome, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I appreciate you for writing your experience during your stay at our hotel. You have been a wonderful guest and sorry for your experience at our hotel. I will try to resolve the problems and next time I will not disappoint you.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Wound up staying here because the Piedmont, AL hotels I read about all had bad reviews. Glad I did. The bed was a very comfortable king size bed. The room had a refrigerator, and the air conditioning worked good. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
abvirome, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rome, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I appreciate you for writing your experience during stay at our hotel. You have been a wonderful guest and thank you for being our guest. I will see you the next time you visit Rome.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Do not expect anything fancy here. This is not the Ritz. However, check in went very smoothly. The front desk person was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious, larger than I expected. The bed was comfortable and the restroom was clean. All the facilities were in working order and the air conditioner blew very cold. I was a little disappointed there were no hangers as I was attending a wedding and wanted to hang my dress. The front desk happily provided hangers when asked. I definitely recommend this establishment. I will stay here again if ever I am in Rome.

Room Tip: Bring your own hangers. Especially if you need pant hangers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
abvirome, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rome, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for a year. I stay a week at a time. I absolutely loved my stay here. The staff is very dedicated, hard working and very friendly. Whenever I had a problem, the manager immediately responded and fixed it. He is very careful about renting out rooms so I did not face any issues like problematic guests. Sure it may not meet the standards of a big hotel in terms of amenities but the rooms are clean and well maintained. The linen is clean. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who passes through northwest GA driving. I have tried a few other hotels in downtown Rome but they were not clean and frankly some of them looked seedy. But not this hotel. The rooms are spacious. There is cable TV and also free internet. There is a gas station beside the hotel so you can buy bottled water, coffee, snacks , etc. If you want the grand hotel experience with a gym, continental breakfast, a swimming pool then this is not the place for you. But for the price the comfort this hotel offers certainly beats one's expectations. Good luck with your life's pursuits and Bon voyage.

Room Tip: Try the rooms on the back side of the hotel which are quieter and away from highway noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rome, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I appreciate you for writing your experience during stay at our hotel. You have been a wonderful guest and thank you for being our guest. We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Sincerely, General Manager of Abvi-Rome,GA
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in April 2012 for two nights while in town for a wedding. My parents also got a room, and our experiences with the rooms were mostly the same. The mostly positive reviews greatly influenced our choice of this hotel.

To me the most important thing was that it was clean, and it smelled fresh! I think this makes a big impact on the overall experience and sets the hotel apart from many. I found the room to be somewhat basic but it did offer everything I expected. The layout was a bit cramped in the bathroom, but workable. The towels were small, but from another review I had expected that. Everything else was up to par with any other reasonably-priced hotel room I've ever had. And the manager at the front desk was quite friendly and helpful.

It's not an Embassy Suites, and it's not home, but a great value for the money. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're a stickler for big, fluffy towels, bring your own.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
abvirome, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rome, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
I appreciate you for writing your experience during stay at our hotel. I would like to thank you for choosing the our Brand AmericasBestValueInn of Rome, GA for your accommodations’ during your travels, We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality

Sincerely, General Manager Abvi-Rome

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Rome? Share your experiences!