“WHERE DID YOU SPEND A MILLION DOLLARS?” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Rome
Clearwater, Florida
“WHERE DID YOU SPEND A MILLION DOLLARS?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Checked in Friday at 4:30P and woman at check in was not very friendly. I guess this property did not spend the million dollar update allowance on staff training. The internet service was out all Friday night. I must hand it to the night staff (man) who called the internet provider several times trying to get service restored. Not much has changed at this property since I stayed here in 2005. The rooms are nicely appointed and our room was done in neutural colors. I was alarmed to see the amount of MOLD in the bathroom and the craftmanship of the million dollar renovation was subpar (see pictures). Next time in Rome this property will not be my first choice. Rooms also noisey because windows have gaps. With the plethera of hotels in and around this area I cannot see why this property is rated #1.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

If you have a moment, I would greatly appeciate it if you would contact me, so that we could further discuss the issues of concern,

Anil Patel

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Carlson Country Inn and Suites is the middle of three hotels on the east side of highway 411, the Cartersville Highway. We've stayed at all of them. The Country Inn and Suites is our "goldilocks" solution: It's not too dear and not too cheap. For us, it's just right.

The hotel service is excellent (we are always cheered by Shannon, the very helpful desk clerk and kitchen manager.) The hotel rooms and furnishings are comfortable if not luxurious. Its toiletries are good quality and its amenities sufficient. The included breakfast buffet matches any that we've had here -- and it offers decaffinated tea, a rare find. We love the afternoon cookie assortment. The fitness center is small, but the equipment works. And the pool is small but clean.

Rome itself is an old-fashioned town built where the Oostanaula and Etowah rivers meet in a swirl of green and brown to form the Coosa River, and where the ghosts of exiled Cherokees mingle with those of defeated Confederate soldiers. It has a well-regarded private school, one university, and several small colleges, including Berry College, whose magnificent stone Ford Buildings, picturesque waterwheel and beautifully-kept campus are worth a visit.

The Rome Area History Museum on Broad Street is a must-see for anyone interested in the region's history. The area was near the heart of Cherokee country, and the 200-year old Vann house on the Etowah is a testament to the taste, wealth, and unhappy history of a prosperous Cherokee family. West of Rome route 411 retraces the original Trail of Tears to the tiny crossroads town of Cave Spring, famous both for its ever-cold springs as well as antique and candy shops and the Georgia School for the Deaf.

Rome's locally-owned and long-lived Harvest Moon Cafe and Honeymoon Bakery on downtown Broad Street are interesting as well as excellent; the Moon's Sunday Morning Brunch serves up tasty southern favorites buffet-style. Schroeder's Cafe, another iconic local institution, offers more traditional burgers, beer and lively company. Both, as well as other eateries, shops, and the Museum, are located on downtown Broad Street, a lovely old main street straight out of the last century.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter unless children are playing in the small swimming pool and overloo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
What a raving review! You touched on all of the high spots here at the Countlry Inn & Suites here in Rome, GA, then went on to cover the city of Rome. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in your future travels to Rome.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Got in very late, helped management and local police officers rescue a kitten from the engine of a parked car at midnight-and the rest of the night was great too. Place was quiet, clean and room was wonderful-breakfast was also awesome the next morning as we got a very early start-did not stay long, but we loved it and would return to this out of the way location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Country Inn & Suites, Rome, GA. I promise you that we do not always have kittens trapped in cars, but certainly did appreciate your assistance. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and breakfast. It is our goal to serve our guests hospitably.

Edgewater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

stayed at another place one night and then found Country Inn & Suites. What a relief! stayed a few nights one week and was back for another night the following week. I booked it before I left.
bed was very comfy, room was clean, staff very friendly, fresh coffee and cookies to welcome you. Many places to eat nearby. I can always count on Country Inn & Suites for a clean and comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are also very glad that you found the Country Inn & Suites, Rome, GA. As you say, we are convenient to many restaurants. Thank you for you great response and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rome.

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Everyone in my group was extremely pleased with our stay. Everyone we encountered from Carol (the manager) to all other employees there were more than helpful and very professional. If I were in the leadership chain of Country Inn & Suites I would use Carol and her staff as a shining example for all other properties to follow. The rooms were great, hospitality wonderful and the continental breakfast very good, clean and filling. If ever in the area again we will be there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We appreciate your comments regard our staff here at the country Inn & Suites, Rome, GA. I passed them on to all. It is such a pleasure to the opportunity to commend them.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to return to this area and visit us.

Best regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The place has just been remodeled. The rooms are brand new, exceptionally clean, exceptionally quiet, and the staff are smiling, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. If you stay somewhere else, you're missing out. Country Inn is locked in for all future stays!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our renovation here at the Country Inn & Suites, Rome, GA. We hope to see you on your return visit to the area.

Sincerely
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My teenage son and I stayed at this property during a recent tennis tournament after having stayed earlier in the summer. Travel planning and tennis don't make great partners - you never know how far your child will get in the tournament, so it's tough to know how many nights to book at a hotel. Plus, each tournament follows its own match schedule - one tourney might have the kids play 2 matches each day, another might have them play as many as 4 - and bad weather can wreak havoc on even the best laid plans.

The two front desk managers at this property (Chris and, I'm sorry, but I don't remember the woman who was at the desk during the morning shift) were so accommodating. I spoke to them when I found out that it was possible we would only be staying one night instead of our reserved two. I asked if we could have a late checkout time, just in case. Then, once I did check out, I asked if there was anyway I could leave our stuff in a safe place in the hotel so it wouldn't be visible in my car all day. They helped me move everything into a locked storage room right down the hall from our guest room, then helped me load everything onto a luggage cart when it was time for us to leave. I really appreciate the willingness to go above-and-beyond for a guest. Thank you! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
laxmi35, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We want to thank you for your kind remarks. It is lovely to hear such nice remarks regardin our staff and I am happy to pass them along.

Tennis tournaments in Rome are a very important part of our business and hopefully, we will see you on a return visit.

Once again, thank you,

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome? Share your experiences!