“Clean and comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Rome
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean and comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here for the Twisted Ankle Half Marathon. It wasn't really near anything but the main roads to get places were around the hotel. The price was a great deal for two queen beds, mini fridge and a couch. The room was clean and pretty quiet. The breakfast started at 6am and was a normal hotel hot breakfast (fruit, waffles, eggs, bagels, toast, bacon, coffee, juice) so it was great for what we needed before the race. I will definitely stay here again next year for the half or if I ever needed to go to Rome.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chris D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Kellydb22,
Thank you for coming to Floyd County and participating in the marathon! Your participation helps a great benefit. We are going to contact the marathon's staff and see how we can get more involved with next year's event. I appreciate you mentioning that and hope we will get to meet you again next year!

Comfort Suites of Rome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I come to Rome several times a year and have stayed at almost all hotels in town. By far comfort suites has the cleanest and most comfortable beds and helpful staff. The indoor pool is always looked forward to, and the comfort of knowing that I don't need to check the room first before checking in is wonderful. Family friendly and great atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014
Jonathon,
Thank you so much for your recommendation to other travelers. It is our pleasure to serve as hosts for many people that come to Rome. We consider it an honor to have you and your family stay with us and look forward to meeting you again in the future. I have to say that we have a really great group of staff and owners that make it possible to keep such a great hotel. And we all appreciate you taking notice of our efforts.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel is pretty much what you would expect from a Comfort Suites - clean, comfortable and feels relatively new. The room is the standard suite with small living area that has a pullout sofa and table. Fridge, microwave, in-room safe as well. The wifi is free and easy to connect to, and the computer/printer is free as well. The complementary breakfast is good enough to start you on your way. The hotel is located in a small cluster of hotels a few minutes outside of downtown, and just off the main road to head back to Cartersville and on to Atlanta. There are several other hotels in the Choice Hotels chain in Rome, but the Comfort Suites is the only one that is totally non-smoking (a big reason for choosing it). Rates are a bit higher than some of the others, but it was worth it. Obviously not a four-star hotel, but 4-out-of-5 on the value charts for a room that can be had for less than $100/night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Nifty16,
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. We do hope you continue to come to Rome in the future and you will continue to stay with us. I must say you do an excellent job describing our hotel area and the relative directions to town. We are glad that you selected us for your stay and hope you many more great stays in your future endeavors. Thank you

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great room. Great service and staff. Great amenities such as a pool and exercise room. Great security. Great value. VERY CLEAN! Quiet. Convenient to Rome, GA and Cartersville, GA. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: There isn't a restaurant BUT they did offer a spectacular breakfast in the lobby - waffles, saus...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Anna W,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our hotel and staff. We are really happy that you had a great stay with us. I also appreciate that you mentioned our fitness center as well. We have just replaced every piece of equipment in there; and it is so good to know that it is noticed. We hope you had a pleasant trip home and that you will travel to Rome as often as you can.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

It is a good place if you have normal hours. I was staying in town to work nights and sleep days. After one week I had to check out since they could not clean the room while I was away. Working 7/12's means when I get to the room I go to sleep, I did not want to get up and out while they cleaned. I am staying at another motel now that has the maids come in at 7AM so when I arrive at 7:30 it is good to go.

Room Tip: Be quiet when on the phone, the adjacent rooms can hear you.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
PropertyManagerwithSocial · 04/13/14
Cleve,

Again, my apologies for not being able to service your room as requested. As you noted we do not have staff that lives on the premises. We have had day sleeping corporate guests before but their hours were quite different than those your job requires. I apologize if I may have conveyed that we can service rooms at any hour, that was not my intention. In order to not disturb other guests we limit cleaning hours to start no earlier than 9am.
I sincerely regret that you shall not be staying with us and hope you all the best in your future endevors. If we can ever be of service to you again I hope you will return.

Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The room was impeccable, and the service was friendly. Only had one issue with a demagnetized room key, but it was promptly taken care of. No issues there! Fantastic weekend for me and my bride! Loved it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chris D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Joseph C,

We thank you for taking time to comment about your stay. We appreciate your business and hope you and your bride had a safe trip home.
Our staff takes great pride in our online comments and I think yours will give them all a great day. Thank you and hope we will see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Tithe folks that work here just get it! From the young lady that helped my wife last year to the new manager. This property rocks. The one area that needs to be improved and I hope they read this is the breakfast. We stayed for 3 days it was same each day plus had to wait many times while eggs or bacon was replaced. Just ran out of too much. Please fix this. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chris D, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Jeff,

Thank you for your comments and advice. I appreciate the great staff that I get to work with and that they are such great people not just to me or each other but also with our customers. We have made such great improvements since taking over in June of 2013 and it would not have been possible without those great staff members. We have brought on a new Breakfast Attendant and she has some really great ideas about how we can provide better breakfast service and stabilize product better in time of higher occupancy. We look forward to you visiting us again and letting us know any other ideas that may help all of our guests have more enjoyable stays.
By the way, all of our staff is involved with scouting multiple sites daily for all types of feedback from our guests; we do appreciate comments! Negative or positive, guest comments are a most valuable tool in helping us make sure we are providing the best accommodations in Rome, Georgia.

Comfort Suites

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!