“Best place to stay in Rome” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norcross, Georgia
“Best place to stay in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Our family stayed at your Holiday Inn Express and Suite in Rome, GA this past weekend. I wanted to let you know what a first-class job Elizabeth did at the front desk. We stayed at this hotel in June and she remembered us! Her customer service and friendly demeanor made us feel welcome and fully taken care of. I wanted you to know what a great job Elizabeth is doing. We will continue to stay at and recommend your hotel when in Rome as well as in other cities.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I don't usually write reviews unless we have a terrible stay somewhere, but my family and I were so pleased with our visit to the new Holiday Inn in Rome that we wanted to make sure that others found out about it. We stayed one night in a queen bed suite (with a sofabed). Upon checkin, the lady at the counter was very polite and helpful, since I needed to leave a key for my husband, who had forgotten his wallet and would be arriving later. We have a baby and a small child, and were pleased to find that the crib had already been set up in the room when we arrived. The room was large, and it was the cleanest hotel room that I have ever seen. My son says that the sofa bed was comfortable, and they are usually quite hard. The queen beds were also very nice. I also appreciated the blackout curtains, since my husband has difficulty sleeping. One other review said that the walls are paper thin, but we did not find this to be the case. Our baby was having a rough night, and cried for about 15 minutes around midnight. I felt very bad about this, since I knew that there was someone in the room next to us, and hated that we were probably disturbing their sleep. However, the next day, I mentioned this to the lady at the front counter, and she said that our neighbor mentioned to her that she had had a great night's rest. She said that they didn't even know that our baby was in the room. That is pretty impressive, because she was very loud! The breakfast was pretty good the next day too. My son loved the cinnamon rolls. We will be returning to this hotel whenever we need to stay in Rome from now on.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Fairly new hotel, the staff is very, very helpful, and it's pretty clean on first inspection. I also really liked the fridge in the room and the little bar area was very handy for making myself some light dinner.

However, the walls are paper thin. After being in my first room for about an hour, I asked to be moved to another because I thought the people beside me were being ultra noisy. Room two, same problem....the guy beside me was talking to his family on the phone and I could hear him like he was sitting in my room. Lucky for me, he turned in early and I was able to get a really good night's sleep after that. I will say that the front desk clerk was very accommodating of my request and even apologized for the noise.

My biggest issues are with the maintenance/cleaning. The back step and side walk is all torn up, the pool is a slimy green disaster, and the treadmills in the fitness center sound like they are on their last leg. There also seems to be a lack of attention to detail as far as cleaning is concerned as there was something written on the mirror in the bathroom that became visible when the mirror fogged, there was water/hairspray stains on the bathroom door and fingerprints all over the walls of the elevator, not to mention some mystery stain on the wall paper beside the shower.

If I pass back through, I'll probably give this place one more shot. I'm hoping that I just caught them on an off day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Rome several times now and have never been disappointed. The hotel staff is friendly and will routinely go out of their way to accommodate you any way they can. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds inviting and the free wireless internet is actually very fast (rare to find!). Breakfast is very good (though a little limited) and the hostess does a great job as well. I do wish they would get the pool situation resolved, but the lack of a pool does not deter me from continuing to stay here when in Rome.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Marietta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

The pool at this hotel has been closed for over a year while the hotel goes thru construction litigation. It's a nice hotel, but the pool area looks like Baghdad. When I complained about the pool, the staff was not very nice to me. Stay elsewhere in the hot weather if you wish to swim.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This was the recommended hotel for a recent wedding-related overnight stay. The hotel and sign are hidden behind a large cluster of trees, so it's easy to miss. The hotel itself is fine. A little short on parking. The rooms are very clean, the beds very comfortable, and the breakfast is just right. The pool, however, was a travesty. When we checked in, the hostess told us that the pool was "closed for the summer". Take a look at my photo of the pool to see the view from my window. That cesspool should be taken in for scientific study! It's an eyesore that ruined our window view.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

We booked the Holiday Inn Express with trepidation, I have never stayed at one before. It was GREAT! The staff very friendly, the room exactly as we requested. We stayed in a king suite, it was very roomy with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee service and separate bedroom. The Wi-Fi was free - that I consider a bonus. The pillows were labeled "firm" and "soft" and the bed was remarkably comfortable. A bit noisy from the tennis players upstairs, but that was unusual. The breakfast was palatable, good coffee, good OJ, so-so eggs and good bagels and muffins. A bargain breakfast as it was included. We will be back in the fall for the wedding!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East? Share your experiences!