We had a brief but lovely stay at Malihom.
Getting there, there was a slight delay, it's an unusual location to get to so i'd recommend booking the hotel transport, however traffic in Penang is bad a rush hours so there was s slight delay in picking us up. However the staff at Malihom more than made up for this with their heartfelt apology warm greeting with refreshments and a refund on our transport.
The location is really something high up on a hill/mountain the views of the island are pretty much 360º the road getting you there is narrow and hairpin (not for the feint hearted) but it adds to the sense of adventure. Surrounded by nature the accomodation is surprisingly cool, well air conned and bug free!
Food was spectacular with great table service a surprisingly good selection of wines and a four course meal with a view over the twinkling lights of Georgetown. Beautiful.
Sadly we didn't get a chance to use the pool as we had to leave the next morning to get to the airport in time. But breakfast was another winning meal. A local Malay breakfast of rice noodles in a fish sauce, surprisingly elegant and light for breakfast (but filling after two helpings). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Overall the unique accommodation makes for a memorable stay and the food alone is worth returning for. Thank you Malihom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malihom, a private estate, perched on the crest of the southern end of Penang, offers a tranquil getaway. Our unique location offers stunning and uninterrupted panoramas from every room, providing all our guests with ever-changing but always immense and breathtaking views. The fresh air, myriad sounds of the birds and stunning views are a feast for your senses whilst delighting in our array of home cooked cuisine and carefully selected collection of wines. We are an intimate boutique Retreat offering a more personal style of service and an intimate atmosphere that is only found in boutique establishments. The estate comprises a cluster of traditional Thai rice barns which have been carefully converted with modern comforts while respecting traditional charms. There are generous indoor and outdoor seating areas to allow guests to soak in the views and the cool breeze from the horizon as well as yoga and holistic therapies offering an array of relaxing treatments. At the hub of the estate lies the main wing which centers the reception, dining and living areas. The barns are linked to the main wing by way of footpaths. Each barn, with its own unique character has a private garden or a deck. This arrangement provides guests with privacy and seclusion. Our unique picturesque settings will provide that unforgettable difference to any occasion whether a romantic stay for two, group vacation, a Conference venue with an edge or a unique Wedding reception to reminisce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Malihom Private Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malihom Private Estate Hotel Penang Island
- Malihom Private Estate Penang, Malaysia