“Good for a stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Home Town Inn

You added Home Town Inn to your Saves list
Home Town Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Gateway Business Park Dr, I-75 at exit 350, Ringgold, GA 30736   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ringgold
Kentucky
“Good for a stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you're looking for a low-cost, safe, clean and convenient location to stop on I75, then Home Town Inn is a great choice. The rooms were a lot nicer than I expected in light of the price and some of the reviews. The queen beds were comfortable enough and everything was clean. There was a flat screen tv, microwave and refridgerator. The breakfast was typical for this kind of hotel... although that day the waffle maker and the coffee pots were out of order. The corridors and lobby were clean. The only small complaint is with the staff. We had a little issue with double booking one room...our fault due to a misunderstanding. They took care of it, but the 4 staff members we encountered during our stay were all a little rude with my friend. (one lady was sarcastic... no excuse for that) It wasn't a big deal. Maybe they were having bad day. Either way, I still recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Got the last room available when passing through - had to take a smoking room. They sprayed it, but it was still smoky smelling. Spilled water on bathroom floor, wiped it up and towel was dirty.
Otherwise it seemed clean and bed was ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I am a person that falls under the disabilities act. My disability will not let me walk for long distances and here at the hometown Inn the hotel they have no accommodations for people like myself. I am a truck driver and my truck is being worked on across the street from hometown hotels and suites. I got up in the morning to inquire about courtesy transportation that would take me across the street to check on my truck and I was told that they did not have courtesy transportation. That left me having to walk over to the Freightliner dealer when my truck is being worked on to sign some paperwork and while walking over there I twisted my ankle. I called back around checkout time to explain to them what had happened and asked that they come across the street to get the money that I owed them for an additional stay and they told me they could not do that. They told me that if I wasn't able to get across the street to pay them that my property would be discarded and the room would be rented out. This probably does not fall specifically under the act but for the amount of money I paid to stay here with is $69 plus you would think they would be a little bit more courteous to the people that patronize their business. Based on the following questions you require me to answer will be difficult to do without prejudice but I'll do the best I can

Room Tip: Do not come to his hotel if you are stranded and without transportation, waiting for a vehicle to be...
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Davisburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I purchased this room on Priceline.com, with a bid of $39 plus taxes and fees. The room was basic with some handles missing off of the dresser. It was a clean establishment, but can use some updating. Bring your own soap, shampoo, etc. theirs are very basic. For the price I really won't complain. The in room coffee smelled like it had chemicals/cleaner in it, perhaps from the water or maybe cleaning the machine. The included breakfast bar was satisfactory but the area it is in can easily get congested, They allow pets, and when I went to the ice machine on floor 1, there was a dog barking in the room near there, due to the noise of the ice dropping. People staying there were very friendly and outgoing. I stayed here as a stop over when traveling,

Room Tip: Non smoking room smells fresh upon entering,but mustey later. I would still choose a non smoking roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
heflin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at this Hometown Inn and would definitely stay here again, as well as recommend it to family and friends. Great location to attractions in and around Chattanooga, TN. Reasonable continental breakfast. Very comfortable beds, spacious rooms and a good rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cumberland Gap, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

On Monday, i had just gotten off the interstate 75 and was ready to find a room for the night. I had stopped by Hamption Inn, and asked how much their rooms were and they said $120. I thought that was a little pricey, so i asked if i could see one of thier rooms. Not what i expected it to be, and i really didn't feel like it was worth $120 for one night, so i left there and went to the HomeTown Inn, which is right next to them, and asked how much thier room was, and the lady there said $59.99, so i asked if i could see one of the rooms, and she said absolutely!, so i went into the room, and as soon as i turned on the light, i was in amazement! WOW! the room was so nicely built, and so clean. For $60 i thought, this is wonderful! The rooms looked so much like Hamption Inn, but at a much better affordable price, so i walked back up to the lady at the desk, and told her i would love to take the room for the night. She was just an outstanding person, so i asked her what her name was and her name is Trish. (I highly recommend everyone to stop in and see her!). Anyways, so i go back to the room and i don't sleep well at all at home, but this was my home for the night, and how wonderful it was, and how good i slept in the nice comfy bed! When i woke up the next morning i went down to the breakfast area, and man they have some waffles that are the best in the world! they have a option of all kinds of things, waffles, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, toast, doughnuts, apple and orange juice, coffee, and milk. Everything I ate was just so fresh and amazing! This is the place to stop and just take a rest. Never been any where better! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Room Tip: Rooms have very soft beds and wonderful peace and quiet!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

During the X'mas break, we stopped at Home Town Inn on the way to Florida. I got a decent price from priceline for just a night's stay. It was just off of I-75, clean and offered a decent breakfast. Don't expect a continental spread since the breakfast room is very tiny. The items were more than enough to take back to your room & eat. Staff was friendly & accomodating since we had our 3-year old & preferred a kitchenette in the room.

If you are on a budget and like a clean room, I would recommend this.............

Room Tip: If you have any special requests with kids or elders, make sure you call them up ahead of time &...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Home Town Inn? Share your experiences!