“If you like sweet wines, this is your kind of place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Ringgold
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Come discover the surprisingly flavorful wines of the Chattanooga Valley's oldest and most celebrated winery - The Georgia Winery and Vineyards. Established in 1983, the Georgia Winery is the first of its kind in Georgia and is the only winery in the North Georgia area. Georgia Winery is a family owned and operated facility producing award-winning fine wines. Specializing in capturing the fresh flavor of the fruit results in unique wines that explode with flavor and tantalizes taste buds across the nation.
Chattanooga, TN
3 attraction reviews
“If you like sweet wines, this is your kind of place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm an occasional wine drinker, usually when we have friends over or go out for dinner. When we moved to Ringgold some 11 years ago, one of the first places we stopped to investigate was the Georgia Winery in Ringgold, right off of Interstate 75. The Winery moved into larger quarters a few years ago and now hold regular taste testing events.

Most all the wines we have had at the Winery are on the sweet side -- in fact I find them very sweet. Some are designed to serve hot rather than cold -- which was a new experience for me. As far as wines go, I prefer mine on the dry side, so I find those available at the Winery a little too sweet for my taste, but other people we have taken there say they really liked some of those offered there and usually have ended up buying one or more bottles to take back with them.

Visitors are offered free sample of several varieties and those change depending on what's for sale or being highlighted at the time. Prices of wine run the gamut from affordable to a little on the pricy side but as far as I know, nothing is outrageously priced.

The bottom line is, the Winery is certainly a good place to visit and if you are into wines, especially sweet ones, will find it a very enjoyable experience.

Visited June 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
25 attraction reviews
“What a stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The wine tastings were excellent. The staff was very helpful.... wines are delicious. They have a very good variety of unique wines... Pina Colada for example. They are right off the interstate.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
“Excellent sweet wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you like sweet wines, you will love this place. I can't tell you about the drier ones though, sorry. They are a bit quick to give one sample after another, but we were visiting in passing so I didn't mind. If you want a vineyard atmosphere where you can relax and really enjoy the wine, this is probably not the place for you. They let you sample 8-10 wines and have a bunch of different fruit wines. The peach wine, strawberry wine, and tangerine wines were excellent if you like super sweet wines. They did not charge for winetasting. If you are in the area, I would definitely check it out.

Visited April 2013
20 attraction reviews
“10 Samples of wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stopped in on Mother's day weekend and they had a sale of 25% off a case, or 10% on bottles. Naturally, we bought the case. Was able to sample 10 different wines, some of us had more than that, but the samples were very small, not even a shot glass full. Have a good selection of wines.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
“Think "wine tasting" not vineyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went with our son & daughter-in-law. The staff was pleasant but not warm or inviting. We sampled 8 wines - most were sweet & fruity, but a few were dry. We ended up buying a semi-sweet plus a few jars of home made jellies. It was a nice, brief experience!

Visited April 2013