“Loss of priceless property” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ringgold
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Orange
“Loss of priceless property”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was very disappointed with the customer service this hotel provided when I stayed in July 2012. I accidently left my engagement ring, wedding band, and diamond pendent. After driving for 5 hours, I realized they were missing. Absolutley distrought, I immediately contacted the hotel. The front desk clerk Tim Holt said not to worry that the room had not been cleaned and he would send housekeeping to look for my items. He got back on the phone and told me he had the items. He stated that he would send them UPS. He took my info, credit card number, and even gave me a tracking number. If he had not told me he was going to send it, I would have driven back 5 hours to get it. After 2 weeks and 3 calls to Mr Holt, I did not receive my jewelery. I had to contact the police who began an investigation. I did contact the hotel manager who's response at the time was "it could have been UPS that lost the package." The investigation has revealed that UPS never received the package. It has now been 6 months and I have still been unable to receive anything including an aknowledgement from this property for losing the most valuable possession I own. I now must prepare to pursue legal options and will never stay at another Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Harmony, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

In my lifetime I've spent a few hundred nights in Hampton Inn's across the USA. I'd rank this one in the top 10% for sure. Lobby and Breakfast areas are comfortable and modern. Front desk staff is attentive. Guest rooms are clean. There is a nice fitness facility plus indoor pool. Only negative is that it's a bit hard to find hotel entrance when coming from I-75. (the hotel is immediately visible but the actual entrance is a bit hidden).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Valdosta, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a newer hotel, clean and very attractive. Check in was smooth, friendly and efficient. Nicest people ever working the desk! We were in the hotel during Thanksgiving visiting family in the area. Used the very attractive and comfortable lobby as our "living room" Thanksgiving afternoon. The breakfast buffet is a step above the norm and Gina, the very sweet lady working to keep everything stocked and clean is very helpful and friendly. Our room was large and faced the back woods, clean, quiet, comfortable beds, couldn't have ask for a nicer stay. This hotel is just a few dollars more than the others in the area and there is absolutely no comparison!! Close to everything and yet set apart, nice combination. ONE TIP: Getting into the property coming from the interstate, make a left at the Kangaroo Gas Station, (no light but there is a turn lane) go past the gas station and just behind it there's an access road which leads straight to the hotel. We could see the hotel up on the hill but ended up going past it and turning around to come back as they do not yet have a turn lane/access from the opposite side. We were told it has been approved and will be built in the future. Once we knew about the turn in at the gas station it was no problem. Hope it helps you.

Room Tip: We asked for the back side which looked into the woods. Very quiet, received sunrise each morning...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a new property. My wife and I stayed here one night. We had a room with a mini fridge, microwave, and walk in shower in the large bathroom. If you are passing through and looking to stay outside of Atlanta or Chattanooga, this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rossville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My family used this Hampton Inn for our annual Christmas get together this past year & absolutely loved it. They were very good about making sure we had what we needed & the night clerk was great-he made sure we (my 4 sisters & myself) had plenty of coffee. We spent most of the night in the (very comfortable) lobby talking & catching up. Christmas decorations were very nicely done & they really outdid themselves on breakfast the next morning. The rooms were well appointed with everything you might need. Will go back!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a newer property and very nice. It is very similar to other Hampton Inns I have stayed at from a property layout and feature perspective. This was my second stay at this hotel and both times have been excellent. Restaurants are mostly in the Fort Oglethorpe area. Turn right out of the hotel.

From a tourist viewpoint, this hotel and the Hamilton Place area are convenient if you don't want to stay downtown. Downtown hotels tend to charge you to park. Hotel taxes are cheaper in Georgia but you are right off I-75 so just a few minutes to downtown. If you are willing to drive to the attractions, consider staying out of downtown. You can always park near the Choo Choo and ride the free electric CARTA shuttle (http://www.chattanoogafun.com/getting-around/member.asp?id=9377)

Sometime in the near future, this hotel should have a shuttle. I don't know what range they will cover with it though.

One downside to this hotel is that the entrance is a bit hard to find. Coming from the highway, you have to drive past it and make a U-Turn. There is a back entrance next to the convenience store but it isn't' well marked or lit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Service: Hit and miss. Day staff was friendly. The night guy spent more time on his phone and didn't seem overly interested in customer service. They also do nothing in particular for Diamond members. That isn't a deal breaker, but it is nice for those of us who spend half the year in Hilton hotels.

Breakfast: Basic Hampton Inn fare. Nothing to write home about, but not horrible.

Room: Average size, bathroom was larger than usual. However cleaning could have been better. The shower floor had black stains from feet on it. The walls are VERY VERY thin. I could hear conversations next door. Also, I found 2 BIG roaches in my room. GROSS!

Hallways: The carpet was stained and smelled like a locker room. Seriously, it was gross! Dingly, nasty, dirty, smelly. Terrible.

Internet: SLOW SLOW SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Did I say slow? I T W A S S L O WWWWWWWWWWW

Overall I was not happy and I will not be back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Ringgold-Ft. Oglethorpe? Share your experiences!