“lovely relaxing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Reading, United Kingdom
“lovely relaxing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am a member and go 6 times a year! Lovely atmosphere and great food too. A real treat to unwind and catch up with friends. Fantastic facilities including gym, jaccuzzi, steam and stauna rooms, lovely swimming pools and a fab outside area with seating and mini jaccuzzi's and a pool.

Visited January 2013

Surrey, England
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic spa, can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited Nirvana Spa with my mum last week on their 3 hour Time Out package, which was really good value. Arriving at Reception we received a warm welcome and as it was our first visit the facilities were clearly explained and we were provided with a map (this didn't stop us getting slightly lost initially however as we didn't realise you had to walk through the cafe area to reach some of the other areas of the spa!)

The locker and changing area was really clean and well equipped, even with GHD hair straighteners! A good initial impression.

After changing we headed to the tepidarium and relaxed for a while on the heated loungers before braving it outdoors - the outdoor area was open early and as it was a lovely sunny day (despite it being cold) we could relax in one of the four outdoor jacuzzis (which we had to ourselves) soaking up the sunshine. The outdoor pool was too cold for this visit but we hope to visit again in the summer when the weather has improved and to enjoy the outdoor facilities even more!

We then visited the fantastic hydrotherapy pool which was lovely and warm, some of the jets of water were really strong so you could give yourself a back or foot massage with them. For the remainder of our stay we visited various steam room areas and the ice scrub and monsoon showers, enjoyed a cup of tea and slice of cake (there is a great cake menu available!) on the sunbeds by the pool by the cafe and then had a quick final visit to the outdoor jacuzzis and hydrotherapy pool before our three hours were up.

We left feeling very relaxed and can't wait to go back again - I have a feeling that now I've discovered it, Nirvana Spa will be somewhere I visit frequently!

Would thoroughly recommend a visit!

uk
“Change not always for the better ......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Friendly and welcoming spa, sometimes a little too crowded.Have recently changed the treatment areas and not as relaxing environment as it was. Now you check in at reception in an area chilled by open doors and wander upstairs to a dingy small treatment reception area. The restaurant is of a good quality and the facilities clean and well cared for.However as a long term member I have seen the atmosphere/spa environment decline gradually.

Reading Berkshire UK
38 attraction reviews
“A Day of Rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am a monthly member and I go as reularly as possible, sometimes going for extra days... It is a very restful relaxing day. However it isn't all restful since I go for a swim a thrash round in the big "Swordfish" pool and have a few sessions in the steam room and in the Jaccuzzi... I arrive at 9am and go into the steam room for a specified time..After this time I shower and spend some time in the Bubbling Jaccuzzi. I do a series of Steam/Cooldown and finish at 11am. I am then ready for a Cappuccino coffee and some toast. I go to the huge turbulence pool and thrash around for a while then swim in the nice pool......By now my stomach is telling me it is lunch time so I go to the garden cafe where I get "my table" each time I go...There is a supreme buffet where you can load your plate with healthy food, I tend to major on the fish but often I am offered the beef or the turkey. I have glass of wine and a bottle of water. The staff make a pleasant fuss and I sit and talk to Ron and the girls. I often talk to people on tables nearby since a number of us are regulars. After lunch, I find a lounger in the main area and read the newspapers and magazines....Sometimes I take a book to read or work out a new website in my file. I generally doze for a while and at 4.30pm I am ready to get dressed and return home...The time has flown by and I have had a great day,....Nirvana helps me because I am an asthmatic so I find a few visits to the steam room helps me with my breathing......

I recommend Nirvana especially for the facilities, food and friendships........and I sleep well at night !

Visited February 2013
Shepperton, England
14 attraction reviews
“Lovely way to spend a birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Having visited the spa a few years ago, when I was asked what I would like to do for a birthday treat, I decided I would like to go again. I was not disappointed! It was just as memorable as my first visit with some lovely new additions. There is so much to do there. My only criticism, as mentioned by other reviewers, is that you keep the same towel and robe all day. The robe being quite thick, gets very wet and uncomfortable by the end of the day. By reading the reviews, it seems you can get replacements but that should be made clear when you register. On with the positives.... Every-where is spotlessly clean and you are aware of people checking up on this all the time. The floatation pool is brilliant - well worth a visit and so relaxing. Emily was lovely when I couldn't quite be brave enough to 'let go' at first. The treatments are lovely. I had a good facial but my massage with Catherine was the best I have ever had. She was really brilliant. When I next go I will see if I can get her again. I love the trepidarium with the heated loungers. The pool with the jets is also really great fun. Had a walk in the garden and some brave souls were in the hot tubs (It was the first beautiful day for so long!) Didn't try the steam room and saunas but my husband did and thoroughly enjoyed them. The food was lovely. We had a day experience and included in that was a voucher for £10 for lunch with as many free drinks Hot or cold as you wanted through the day. We had a good choice of cold meats, cheese and fish as we wanted and then an excellent selection of cold salads to go with this, plus a lovely crusty roll. I also felt the toiletries in the shop were very reasonably priced. I bought a delightful smelling Jojoba and White Musk hand cream for £2! All in all, with just a tweak re the towels and bath robe can't wait for my next visit.