“Hampton Inn Richmond Hill” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% with AAA.
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Richmond Hill
GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Hampton Inn Richmond Hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I use Hamptons almost exclusively and have found their quality as a main reason. So, my review is to be taken in this light. Compared with other, less expensive brands, they are outstanding. This particular hotel, except for the outstanding help at breakfast, was as I would expect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
vero beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

this was a great experience - the entrance was attractively decorated, the room was clean, and most importantly the staff was not only helpful but was genuinely happy to have us stay with them - breakfast selection was good and the area was very clean - we were so impressed we stayed here on our return trip

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

We love repeat guests !!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier. Thank you for sharing :)

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family of four stayed on our way back from DisneyWorld the first weekend in January. Checked in very late (10:20pm) and had a swift, delightful check-in process. Went straight to our room and found it clean, a comfortable temperature, and smelling fresh. The hotel and room decor are fairly current, not modern, but not outdated. Room had 2 comfy, clean queen beds, small fridge, microwave, small round table with 2 chairs where you could eat or work, dresser drawers, large TV with direct TV (didn't test it), lots of surface areas to put items, good lighting, a digital clock/alarm with MP3 player input jack, ample closet space, large full length mirror mounted on outside of bathroom door, single sink with granite countertop, great counter space around and below sink, curved shower rod, and multi-setting shower head. Water pressure was decent, and of note for the taller folks, the shower head was actually mounted rather high. The tub seemed older (by design, not by appearance) and one thing we noted was that the tub floor wasn't flat/level...it seemed concave and while the floor wasn't slippery during a shower it was a little difficult to keep your balance due to the uneven surface we were standing on. Everything was in good working order, room extremely quiet, and roomy enough for the four of us.

A free hot breakfast is served from 6-10am every morning. We arrived at 9:40am for breakfast and found a few people eating. There were scrambled eggs, sausage links, dry cereals, yogurts, bagels, bread (toaster available), English muffins, muffins, small pastries, hot oatmeal, a make your own waffle station, fresh fruit, coffee and juices (OJ, apple and passion fruit mango). There was ample seating as they weren't that busy while we were in there, but as another reviewer noted, the tall table and high chairs were half of the seating available and that wouldn't have worked for our small children. A television was tuned to CNN news while we were there.

A small outdoor pool was there. Looked fine, but we clearly didn't try it in early January. Indoor fitness center was a small room offering one treadmill and one elliptical machine along with large workout balls for those interested. I did see one woman on the TM as I passed by.

Easy access from I-95 and very friendly service. Good value for our $91 AAA discount room. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Best Regards,
Holly Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was a warm and cozy stop over on our road trip to Ashville, North Carolina. The breakfast surpast my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised, since I was traveling with three teenagers! The hotel was clean and everything worked.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Pleasant Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you especially during breakfast hours. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Sweetwater, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I reviewed this motel earlier after our first visit, at which time it left a better impression. There are a handful of motels from which to choose at this exit. We visit relatives and stayed at the BestWestern Plus previously; not great, but fairly dependable. Because I think Hampton Inn has the most comfortable mattresses, we decided to change.The earlier visit was ok, but the most recent visit after Christmas was a real disappointment. The bed was fine, but housekeeping was very poor with a ring in the toilet, hair on the bathroom floor, a toilet not attached to the floor, etc. I don't know what that black stuff was on the carpet beside the ac/heat unit, but in my opinion I would not stay in a motel with such poor upkeep. Also, that awful high bar now installed in the dining room is a real mistake. Both mornings we were there all of the diners were seniors who avoided sitting on high, uncomfortable bar stools. Seriously, Hampton Inn, know your clientele. After staying at the fantastic Embassy Suites in Kennesaw, GA, for $94/night and then paying an overpriced $114/night for a $75 value at this motel, we suggest that Hilton bulldoze it and start over.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

the staff were all so nice. i think we were asked about 20 times if we needed anything. absolutely loved the fresh chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the afternoon. highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed December 2013
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels. Have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Best Regards,
The Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We made this reservation for two reasons, they had a King Study available (room with a couch) and the rate was very reasonable, so I decided not to use points.

Little did I know that this is one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have ever stayed in. Although it is an older, smaller property it was recently renovated and everything looked new. We were here on a Sunday night and we wanted to see a football game. The room had a DIRECTV receiver so that many HD channels were available. Lot of hotels have flat screen televisions but unless they have HD they don't do much good. The internet was almost as fast as at home.

This is a great hotel on I-95 for the traveler. And the breakfast was good too – standard Hampton Inn breakfast as far as I could tell, but in a nice area and well presented.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Pleasant Surprise Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to serving you again.

Happy Holidays,
The Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill, GA

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!