“Poor Value” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Sweetwater, Tennessee
“Poor Value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I reviewed this motel earlier after our first visit, at which time it left a better impression. There are a handful of motels from which to choose at this exit. We visit relatives and stayed at the BestWestern Plus previously; not great, but fairly dependable. Because I think Hampton Inn has the most comfortable mattresses, we decided to change.The earlier visit was ok, but the most recent visit after Christmas was a real disappointment. The bed was fine, but housekeeping was very poor with a ring in the toilet, hair on the bathroom floor, a toilet not attached to the floor, etc. I don't know what that black stuff was on the carpet beside the ac/heat unit, but in my opinion I would not stay in a motel with such poor upkeep. Also, that awful high bar now installed in the dining room is a real mistake. Both mornings we were there all of the diners were seniors who avoided sitting on high, uncomfortable bar stools. Seriously, Hampton Inn, know your clientele. After staying at the fantastic Embassy Suites in Kennesaw, GA, for $94/night and then paying an overpriced $114/night for a $75 value at this motel, we suggest that Hilton bulldoze it and start over.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Hampton Inn. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Kind Regards,
The Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill, GA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

the staff were all so nice. i think we were asked about 20 times if we needed anything. absolutely loved the fresh chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the afternoon. highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed December 2013
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels. Have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Best Regards,
The Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We made this reservation for two reasons, they had a King Study available (room with a couch) and the rate was very reasonable, so I decided not to use points.

Little did I know that this is one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have ever stayed in. Although it is an older, smaller property it was recently renovated and everything looked new. We were here on a Sunday night and we wanted to see a football game. The room had a DIRECTV receiver so that many HD channels were available. Lot of hotels have flat screen televisions but unless they have HD they don't do much good. The internet was almost as fast as at home.

This is a great hotel on I-95 for the traveler. And the breakfast was good too – standard Hampton Inn breakfast as far as I could tell, but in a nice area and well presented.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Pleasant Surprise Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to serving you again.

Happy Holidays,
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

driving to Miami. sixteen hour drive broken into 8 hour days. Savannah was midway stop from Virginia. clean, odorless, beds very comfy, lots of restaurants around, staff very helpful and pleasant. Excellent HOT breakfast. was very pleased.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We want our guest to have all the comforts of home while staying at our hotel, and a soothing night’s sleep and hot breakfast are just a few ways our team strives to achieve that. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours :)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed at this property on my way to Florida. Very close to the freeway. The hotel staff were very friendly. The room was large and clean.The bed was very comfortable. Great breakfast. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Happy Holidays :)
Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for our last night of vacation before traveling home. It was a long day traveling and we were very happy with our choice for an over night stay.
The hotel was clean and rooms very large for a basic room.
They recommended a very good restaurant nearby which we agreed was very good.
Now... I wish the other guest weren't hoarding the luggage carts. Some people are just plain rude.
Thank you for a great night!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Holidays from the Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill, GA
sarasota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very clean rooms. Friendly hotel staff. I did not enjoy the breakfast area or the food. Although it is set up for people to pile food on their plate, it could be better. The lay out of the food makes people jump around the line of items (i.e. butter on the end, and bread at the beginning). The quality of the food is terrible. Freezer burned potatoes. Good waffel station.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Satisfied Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms and the friendliness of our staff. We value any feedback we receive from our guests. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast bar, but understand the frustration regarding the setup and you offered great suggestions. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Best Regards,
The Team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill, GA

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!