“Convenient Stop on the Way Home” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4679 Highway 17, Richmond Hill, GA 31324   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Convenient Stop on the Way Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were traveling back to Florida and exhausted so we stopped for the night. I had stopped and checked some pricing and availability and found this hotel was about $20 cheaper than the Hampton Inns in Savannah. It was almost 11pm when we arrived and the young man at the front desk greeted us with a smile and was very helpful in securing 2 rooms for our party. The rooms were quiet and clean. The furnishings seem a bit dated but the bed was very comfortable. We all had a great nights sleep. Breakfast is your typical Hampton fare...a nice mix of hot and cold items served in a comfortable lobby. The entire staff was very friendly, I would definitely consider the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us at Hampton Inn in beautiful Richmond Hill.

We are pleased we were able to exceed your expectations and you were satisfied with our rate. Thank you also for your kind words and leaving your review on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to GA.

Kindest Regards,
The Team at Hampton Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ocala, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is one of the best Hampton Inn's that we have ever stayed in. From the moment we checked in, the staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The hotel was quiet and we got a refreshing sleep. The breakfast had many options and was very well done. We will stay at this hotel again when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the time you took to fill out a survey for our property. I love the title to your review. Very cute! I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the staff was able to assist you in any way that you needed. Thank you again for the review, and we will see you again in the future.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

While the staff members were extremely courteous, their customer service would not be enough to bring me back to this petri dish of a hotel.
While driving down I-95 with my spouse and two toddlers, we decided to pull over and get a little rest.
Hampton Inns are a trusted brand and have been a clean and affordable alternative to the more expensive lodging options in the past.
Unfortunately, this location is dated, run down and dirty. No matterhow exhausted you are, you may want to come eqquipped with your own blacklight, mask and gloves.
The carpets in the halls and rooms are coated with a think layer of dust. The sofa, curtains and lamps were all covered in dirt as well. it is obvious that none of the upholstery is ever cleaned. The wallpaper is peeling in some areas and looks as though it is covered in body fluids from previous guests. The toilets are not cleaned properly and the toilet seat attachments have God knows what covering them. The bathtub was dirty as well and had hair in it. The bathroom sink appeared clean, but was cracked. a ceiling crack was covered with a piece of clear tape. The bedspread had a cigarette burn. The bathroom door had two long streaks of yellow extending from just above the handle to the floor. The funny thing is that the staff included a post it note letting us know that the sheets were clean as if saying so made it true. My skin was burning and itching the entire night. Overall, it was an extremely horrible experience. Had we arrived at a decent hour and been able to see these things, we would have continued to drive. We came in, saw the dust but thought we'd at least be able to shower. It was too nasty to risk it. We simply used bottled water to brush our teeth and hit the road. Now, I have to wonder if my girls were exposed to the ejaculate, urine, hair, etc of previous guests.

Room Tip: Do Not Stop Here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your survey of this property.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at the property. It was disappointing to learn that you had some difficulty during your stay and please rest assured that this is certainly not the lasting impression that we wish to leave with our valued guests.
We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We shared your comments with the General Manager of the hotel and have been forwarded to the appropriate cooperative department. Please rest assured that it will not go unnoticed.
The property is undergoing extensive renovations in the months to come, and there is to be lots of changes in the guest rooms over the next few months.
Once again we thank you for your comments and hope to have you as our guest again in the future to see the changes at the property.
Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is exactly what you expect from Hampton inn. The reason it's a good location for overnight is that it is the last exit before the Savannah exits if you are traveling north. So you are near everything but not paying Savannah prices. The difference between this hotel and the HAmpton at the next exit was $20. If you are just passing through, save a few dollars. The included breakfast was a little better than most Hamptons. IF you want more, there are all kinds of restaurants at the next exit including a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House.

Our room was very clean so maybe they have responded to some of their other reviews.

Room Tip: Get the i95 exit guide app for your iPad or iPhone --it is invaluable for travel on I75. It will he...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your kind word regarding the value of the property.

We are pleased you found the hotel to be clean and enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast.

We are also glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location just off I-95.

We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Best Regards,

Hampton Inn Richmond Hill Team
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am an hhonors member but would not recommend this hotel. Although the staff was friendly and location was convenient, I would not stay here again. The cleanliness of the rooms was very poor. We found hair in our bath and bed linens and dust caked on the furniture. The wallpaper in the bathroom was falling off the walls and the towel racks were defective.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephyne W, Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here with our Hilton Points during Spring break. I stay at a lot of Hamptons and this one was not very good. The hotel was sold out, so it was very busy. The room just wasn't that clean. I thought the breakfast area needed some cleaning as well. The front desk staff was polite and friendly. The overall feel of the room was that it was dirty and not cleaned the way it should've been. The sleeper sofa blanket was filthy and I had to go ask for duvet cover for the sofa instead. I also had to change out the pillows as the pillow cases looked like they hadn't been washed. My advice, stay in Savannah or travel a little further south for the next Hampton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate the time you took to survey our property and let us know how we are doing. Your comments have been passed onto the appropriate departments at the hotel, and have not gone unnoticed. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will try us again in the future, and hope that you continue to keep it Hampton.

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wonderful bed, bedding, towels, Internet, workout room was small, but worked out fine for me. Breakfast was excellent. Perfect location right off I 95. Steamers was a great and fun restaurant very near the hotel.

Room Tip: I don't think there was a restaurant there and I didn't use room service, but didn't wan...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of myself and the entire team at Hampton Inn Richmond Hill I would like to thank you for your kind review.

We are delighted you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the wonderful bed and linens in your guest room.

We are pleased you were able to take advantage of some of our great amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, hot breakfast and fitness center.

We are also glad you found the hotel to be conveniently located off I-95 and nearby many restaurants.

We hope you will consider staying with us again when travelling in the Richmond Hill area.

With Kindest Regards,

Hampton Inn Richmond Hill Team

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah-I-95/Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!